Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

rough math makes that $24 Billion!

Yep 23.809 billion and change.

1.88 billion is only 7.8%.

That is the big FCR/Coalition “win”?!?! Less than 8%?!?

That is literally pennies on the dollar. Not even dimes or nickels. Pennies.

Edited by CynicalScouter
  • Upvote 1

TCC has announced/filed a notice of a Town Hall for Thursday night:

PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Tort Claimants’ Committee will
hold a virtual town hall meeting on September 30, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time); Zoom
link: https://pszjlaw.zoom.us/j/82272826295 (no registration required) or Phone number:
888-788-0099 (Toll Free), Webinar ID: 822 7282 6295. At this Town Hall, the TCC will
discuss: (1) Status of Boy Scout’s Bankruptcy Case and (2) Status of the Disclosure Statement
and Chapter 11 Plan approval process.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, MYCVAStory said:

TCC presses on how the FCR came up with his numbers.  So the BSA just agreed that the FCR's number of $5 Billion is 21% of a larger number.  My rough math makes that $24 Billion!  Thanks BSA for pointing out how low your settlements are to this point!

So, the significance of this is that the BSA admitted that its valuation of all of the claims is $24± billion, and that BSA admits it is offering $1.88 billion?  7.8±%

5 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

So, the significance of this is that the BSA admitted that its valuation of all of the claims is $24± billion, and that BSA admits it is offering $1.88 billion?  7.8±%

And that the Coalition's acceptance already of lowball settlements "on behalf" of survivors, under the guise of getting them awards quickly, truly is as Stang said a "Race to the bottom."

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

And that the Coalition's acceptance already of lowball settlements "on behalf" of survivors, under the guise of getting them awards quickly, truly is as Stang said a "Race to the bottom."

So, the Coalition attorneys want to wrap it up and get their % fees because they realize that they truly can "get by" in America on 40% of $1.88 billion-so why wait?

2 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

So, the Coalition attorneys want to wrap it up and get their % fees because they realize that they truly can "get by" in America on 40% of $1.88 billion-so why wait?

Yep.  And if you smelled a sense of desperation when Rothweiler spoke on and on from prepared remarks he read (after saying he didn't expect to be speaking)  it might have to do with the fact that all those commercials and overhead and professional fees for Molton and company may be due and stacking up.  Coalition cut of $752 million might help pay that.

1 minute ago, MYCVAStory said:

Yep.  And if you smelled a sense of desperation when Rothweiler spoke on and on from prepared remarks he read (after saying he didn't expect to be speaking)  it might have to do with the fact that all those commercials and overhead and professional fees for Molton and company may be due and stacking up.  Coalition cut of $752 million might help pay that.

Law is like a game of chess-except that the number and power of the pieces change constantly.

I remember a M.A.S.H. episode where Hawkeye and Trapper were playing a game with cards, some chess pieces, and some checkers.  Somebody asked, "What are you playing?"  "Double Cranko."  "How do you play?"

"There are no rules."

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

That makes perfect sense.  A lawyer "not being prepared to speak" who reads from a script...Hmmmmm...

Who does he think he is fooling?

3 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

That makes perfect sense.  A lawyer "not being prepared to speak" who reads from a script...Hmmmmm...

Did he say he wasn't expecting to speak, or he wasn't prepared to speak.  There is a difference.  If he wasn't expecting to speak, but he came prepared to speak anyhow, I'm impressed.  Be Prepared.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

As I said up yonder, this was simultaneously an application for Knighthood, the acceptance speech and an assault on the ramparts of Fort TCC. If that was extemp, I’m Bugs Bunny. (No smart comments, any of you. I did mention that I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, so I may have it coming.)

Edited by ThenNow
24 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

And if you smelled a sense of desperation when Rothweiler spoke on and on from prepared remarks he read (after saying he didn't expect to be speaking)  it might have to do with the fact that all those commercials and overhead and professional fees for Molton and company may be due and stacking up.  Coalition cut of $752 million might help pay that.

He sounded like a man who bit off more than he can chew.  He talked about the bills.  The travel.  His Covid battle and the fact his mom died of Covid.  I’m sorry, but this is not about him.  Why did he take 15 minutes of the judges time to explain how hard he worked?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Eagle1993 said:

Why did he take 15 minutes of the judges time to explain how hard he worked?

Agreed as to all and, further, why did she let him go on like that? I was certain she was going check him at five different times. And then, she made a point to remind TCC counsel they were short on time? That was was a a double double, “Say what?! Say what?!”

1 hour ago, ThenNow said:

an application for Knighthood

Well, I'd give him an Honorary Notary Public, and for the appropriate fee, status as a "Member in Good Standing of the National Geographic Society."

Edited by SiouxRanger
Added a "