Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

Proposed schedule of dates would be ...

• Voting Deadline - December 28, 4PM (2 weeks delay)
  • Voting Report (Preliminary) - January 4
  • Objection Deadline - January 7
  • Final Audited Report - January 17
  • Confirmation Brief Support Deadline - January 17
  • Confirmation Hearing - January 24

Judge is concerned as in other case she had the preliminary & final report had big differences in votes.  Even the Jan 4 to Jan 7 isn't enough time.  BSA lawyers agree this is a big concern.  Now more and more are concerned about the resulting timelines if vote is delayed....

Judge will allow parties to talk, will decide Monday.  So, no change as of now.

• Thanks 1

Century insurance fighting for discovery.   They are very concerned that the confirmed number of scouts in terms of claimants are very low.  Basically, BSA has not been able to clarify that the majority claimants are actually were even scouts.

27 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Total votes to date (Wednesday before Thanksgiving) - 4,300 votes complete

I would have thought half of them would be in by now. Any idea if this really is all or does it not include the master/spreadsheet/ whatever it's called votes?

4 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Basically, BSA has not been able to clarify that the majority claimants are actually were even scouts.

?? Wouldn't that have been part of the vetting process?

Also, I seem to recall something about [some group--possibly lawyers?] wanting the BSA to release its current & historic rosters.

2 minutes ago, MattR said:

I would have thought half of them would be in by now. Any idea if this really is all or does it not include the master/spreadsheet/ whatever it's called votes?

I'm not sure this is true, but Kosnoff is stating (via Twitter) that the Coalition has votes they are not releasing as they are not good news.  So they continue to fight to get voters to switch.

I think it probably is underreported as the master spreadsheet ones are being held back.  Now, if the votes were good news, I don't think BSA would be pushing (as is the Coalition) to push out the deadline.  I also found it interesting that the TCC was actually somewhat against pushing out the deadline. So there could be some truth in Kosnoff's tweet.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, RandomScouter said:

?? Wouldn't that have been part of the vetting process?

Also, I seem to recall something about [some group--possibly lawyers?] wanting the BSA to release its current & historic rosters.

Well ... were these ever vetted?  Councils have released rosters and many are showing most claimants were never scouts.  There are reasons for this (records destroyed, etc.).  Century is indicating there are ways to address this but councils are not supporting that (per Century).  

Basically, Century is claiming the BSA is paying as if most of the claims are false.  However, the insurance companies as part of distribution will be paying as if the claims are all true.  So, they are asking what the BSA did to vet any of these claims as clearly they think most are not valid (based on their offers).

Century is stating they are going to push back that the vast majority of claims are false and were not vetted.  Century is making the statement ... BAC is saying they have a TON of data on rosters and are certifying that only 5% of claimants were really scouts.

14 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Century is stating they are going to push back that the vast majority of claims are false and were not vetted.  Century is making the statement ... BAC is saying they have a TON of data on rosters and are certifying that only 5% of claimants were really scouts.

I'm skeptical the number could be that low.  Everybody knows there will be a number of false claims in these types of suits, but there have been a lot of them over the years and folks have a decent handle as to how many falsities to expect.

It would be really strange to have this particular case inspire such an outsize level of fraud and deceit.

Other councils similar ... 3% confirmed for one.  Century going through a few councils.  Basically, they are finding a very small number of abuse claimants are showing up on rosters.  In addition, nearly no incident reports confirming the abuse.