Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

1 hour ago, Eagle1970 said:

I received an email today from AIS/Kosnoff addressed to me and captioned "Dear Clients of AIS" (regarding e-ballot).

As I have never been represented, I'm trying to understand what is occurring.  Would one of you legal scholars please advise what this indicates and if I should take any action?

See below.

1 hour ago, RememberSchiff said:

These are getting like "...you got Medicare options.." emails. :)

Have you received a paper ballot via US Mail, if not I suspect you will soon.

If my message hadn’t been inexplicably deleted, you would see I received the same. The email (and my post) indicated it was sent by The Stang’s firm. BSASurvivors@pszj.com. Check to see if yours is, as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

I just received this via email:

Please be advised that on November 5 and 6, 2021, the TCC sent emails to survivors that was on behalf of Tim Kosnoff. The email was intended only for Mr. Kosnoff's Abused in Scouting (AIS) clients. If you received the email and you are not one of Mr. Kosnoff's AIS clients please disregard the email. The TCC apologizes for any confusion.

Counsel to the Official Tort Claimants' Committee, PSZJ.

As it applies to this bankruptcy. This is a very volatile time. Many of us here want to see this plan rejected. I am voting ‘no’ for a variety of reasons. Primarily because I couldn’t say no when I was being taken advantage (molested) of by a scout master at a junior leadership training camp of all places. They have since changed the name.  I’m saying no to being taken advantage of now!!! I believe there can be a better outcome for those of us who were abused rather that for those who are trying to control this thing. 
Now is a time when we should be holding onto one and other. This is our shot. This is our opportunity to band together and say NO!! No what happened wasn’t right and neither is a quick buck out of this. It doesn’t end here. We will still have to live with it. But I’d rather live knowing I said no!! 
ive gained so much from this forum and to see people bickering and dropping out is sad in a way. It’s like the divide is taking place, during the worst possible time. Hang in there brothers! We got this! 

now back to our regular programming. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, ThenNow said:

See below.

If my message hadn’t been inexplicably deleted, you would see I received the same. The email (and my post) indicated it was sent by The Stang’s firm. BSASurvivors@pszj.com. Check to see if yours is, as well.

Just received a follow up email that said the first one was sent in error.  C'mon TCC or Omni.  Get it together.  An attorney who doesn't represent me should not appear to be doing so.

• Upvote 1

All of the comments regarding rules over un-paid advertising in threads has been moved as it was a fairly significant diversion from the purpose of this thread.  Please take any further comments regarding it to that thread.

5 minutes ago, acema606 said:

I got an email from National today.  Just an FYI I am not a victim.  Goes to the following link to BSA restructuring page, containing what I’m assuming is updated info.  https://www.bsarestructuring.org/survivors/

When running their calculator the claims amount still come in as we are being told by council they would. Super super low. They just put a lot of effort into saying what’s already been said. It’s a really low number. 

Edited by Life
Typo
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Life said:

When running their calculator the claims amount still come in as we are being told by council they would. Super super low. They just put a lot of effort into saying what’s already been said. It’s a really low number. 

National just continues to lie and lie.  I’m going to start calling low settlements “Boy Scout Settlements” from now on.  I find that the way they assert their opinion as fact is especially obnoxious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hearing in 2 days.  Seems like the big fights are over disclosure & an insurance firm asking for state court cases to restart.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/1c39536c-af30-438f-9e93-f1eff9166d63_6989.pdf

The insurance company believes their policy/coverage must be determined by state court, not bankruptcy court.  Given this, they are stating that there is no reason to delay those trials.    This, like everything else going on, could simply be a negotiating tactic and bluff.  Who knows, but it will be interesting to see where the judge lands.  I expect she will allow the stay to continue.

2 hours ago, 100thEagleScout said:

National just continues to lie and lie.  I’m going to start calling low settlements “Boy Scout Settlements” from now on.  I find that the way they assert their opinion as fact is especially obnoxious.

They (BSA) have shown they cannot be trusted in the past by any cover ups that have taken place. Now they are trying to say the truth is false the false is truth. What is practiced at the top of an organization is what is learned at the bottom. I have to wonder if this bx is really scout like. As it were. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
4 hours ago, acema606 said:

I got an email from National today.  Just an FYI I am not a victim.  Goes to the following link to BSA restructuring page, containing what I’m assuming is updated info.  https://www.bsarestructuring.org/survivors/

I read that page. It contains a lot of creative logic. Yes, the bsa is funding the largest sex abuse settlement, but there is a much larger group of claimants. So, yes, it is low.

Either way, an interesting number that was on the posted dashboards is cost to run the council per youth served. One was around $300/yr/scout and the other was about $1000/yr/scout. Those are amazingly high numbers. For that much money I would expect membership to go up.

Anyway, this seems to be where the rub is. I suspect the BSA says it requires so much money at the council level because of the high cost per scout and the TCC says it shouldn't cost that much. And yet neither side wants to defend their view. Anybody know why?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, MattR said:

I read that page. It contains a lot of creative logic. Yes, the bsa is funding the largest sex abuse settlement, but there is a much larger group of claimants. So, yes, it is low.

Either way, an interesting number that was on the posted dashboards is cost to run the council per youth served. One was around $300/yr/scout and the other was about $1000/yr/scout. Those are amazingly high numbers. For that much money I would expect membership to go up.

Anyway, this seems to be where the rub is. I suspect the BSA says it requires so much money at the council level because of the high cost per scout and the TCC says it shouldn't cost that much. And yet neither side wants to defend their view. Anybody know why?

Two things:

1.  I'm tired of hearing "Historic settlement amount."  Damn right it is.  It should be.  The number of victims IS historically high.  Broken down per claimant you know what else is historic? the awards they'd receive.  Historically low.

2.  When looking at the cost per youth, the TCC is pointing out recent trends.  Look at the two LC analyses while we await others.  Available assets have gone up for many Councils as the number of members have gone down.  The rationale of "Covid....our membership is about to increase..."  Well, let's take a look at upcoming membership numbers, consider the impact of the public really coming to understand the amount of abuse and what that does to recruitment, and consider whether the BSA should be able to save its money right now instead of compensating Survivors that were abused back when.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

TCC just put out a video on the mechanics of completing your ballot "manually."  Found it on the TCCBSA,COM website, it's to help Survivors make sure they fill it out and return it correctly and isn't heavy on whether they think anyone should vote to approve or reject.   

• Thanks 1