Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

On 11/5/2021 at 8:50 AM, ThenNow said:

Interested to hear from Scouters who know the situation with their LC’s proposed Plan contribution who also watched last night’s TCC presentation of two BRG Dashboards. Per the town hall (again), the LC BRG dashboards are all being released, albeit slowly. The two they reviewed should be up soon, if I understood correctly. Ok. I’m actually interested in any and all thoughts. All comers welcomed. 

I already commented on my LC's contribution to the Settlement Trust in a previous post. My abuse occurred in a open state (No SOL). Under my LC's proposed contribution, each survivor would receive just shy of $5k which in my particular case does not include my attorney fees. If the plan was approved as-is, my LC would keep $10 million plus and be released from all liability. 

I received my paper ballot in the mail last week. I am a client of AIS but ceased being a member of the Coalition a couple months ago. I returned my completed ballot earlier this week. I voted NO on the plan, refused the expedited $3,500 payment and opted out of the liability releases.

I believe I received a paper ballot because on my POC, I chose to have communications from the Court sent directly to me instead of AIS. Call it the guiding hand of the universe... At first I thought this may have been a bad idea but not anymore based on the buffoonery with the Coalition. 

My CO still hasn't contributed anything but sure likes to make arguments about how the BSA is leaving them out in the cold. I read the BK court docket so I know where they stand. Nothing shocking here even though in the past my CO paid out several hundred million dollars to settle hundreds of CSA claims. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, BadChannel70 said:

I already commented on my LC's contribution to the Settlement Trust in a previous post. My abuse occurred in a open state (No SOL). Under my LC's proposed contribution, each survivor would receive just shy of $5k which in my particular case does not include my attorney fees. If the plan was approved as-is, my LC would keep $10 million plus and be released from all liability. 

I received my paper ballot in the mail last week. I am a client of AIS but ceased being a member of the Coalition a couple months ago. I returned my completed ballot earlier this week. I voted NO on the plan, refused the expedited $3,500 payment and opted out of the liability releases.

I believe I received a paper ballot because on my POC, I chose to have communications from the Court sent directly to me instead of AIS. Call it the guiding hand of the universe... At first I thought this may have been a bad idea but not anymore based on the buffoonery with the Coalition. 

My CO still hasn't contributed anything but sure likes to make arguments about how the BSA is leaving them out in the cold. I read the BK court docket so I know where they stand. Nothing shocking here even though in the past my CO paid out several hundred million dollars to settle hundreds of CSA claims. 

Hopefully there are more AIS or former AIS clients like you. 

39 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

Hopefully there are more AIS or former AIS clients like you. 

Also an AIS client, was never asked to be a member of the Coalition since the facts of my case are very different to most others in this case.  (Open state, recent experience, pending lawsuit in state court)

I received both a paper ballot and a ballot from Zuckerman Spaeder suggesting I vote no, refuse the expedited payment and opt out of all releases.  I’ve filled out and returned both.

For the record on my POC I did not direct the court to communicate with me by mail, they just do so anyway?

This voting process has been such a mess and we can thank it on the Mass Solicitation Procedures.  These mass solicitation measures should NEVER have been introduced and the ballot is going to reflect the opinions of most lawyers and not their clients because of it.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, 100thEagleScout said:

Also an AIS client, was never asked to be a member of the Coalition since the facts of my case are very different to most others in this case.  (Open state, recent experience, pending lawsuit in state court)

I received both a paper ballot and a ballot from Zuckerman Spaeder suggesting I vote no, refuse the expedited payment and opt out of all releases.  I’ve filled out and returned both.

For the record on my POC I did not direct the court to communicate with me by mail, they just do so anyway?

This voting process has been such a mess and we can thank it on the Mass Solicitation Procedures.  These mass solicitation measures should NEVER have been introduced and the ballot is going to reflect the opinions of most lawyers and not their clients because of it.

I have the same situation different lawyer. It was a recommended no also. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BadChannel70 said:

Which firms make up AIS?  

13 minutes ago, 100thEagleScout said:

Kosnoff Law, Eisenberg Rothweiler, AVA Law Group and Zuckerman Spaeder.  I wrote out a whole synopsis of what each firm did but my phone crashed and I don’t want to retype it.

I thought Eisenberg Rottweiler joined the coalition. Is that incorrect?  This link shows them on the coalition website. https://scoutingabusesurvivors.com/about-us/

Edited by DJ72
Add additional comment to support the post

Letter (email?) sent by Mr. K, as forwarded by The Stang & Co.

Dear Clients of AIS:

Today the e-Ballot went out to you a few minutes ago from Eisenberg Rothweiler. I was not expecting it to be sent by that firm. I was not given an opportunity to review it and the reason is because that firm knew I would have objected to its form and content. It was wholly improper and possibly illegal for them to solicit your vote on a ballot that is supposed to be neutral. Instead they used deceit to spew their patently false and misleading statements. There is a simple word for why lawyers do things like that:  greed.

Please find my October 19, 2021 letter urging you to REJECT the Plan. I ask you respectfully to read my letter again. If you do, I am confident you will reach the same conclusions I did.

Contact information hidden.

Thank you.

Timothy Kosnoff

TIMOTHY D. KOSNOFF
Licensed Attorney

Contact information hidden.

Edited by elitts
making post acceptable.

Just found this link. I apologize if this has already been posted. https://boyscoutssexualabuse.com/local-council-analysis/?dstate=Alabama

In looking up up my LC, troubling to see how little they are contributing versus what the could contribute not to mention the Hartford Insurance Company liability per claim. Disgusting.  My vote will be no.  Look at Louisiana, Norwela Council to see what I’m talking about. 

• Upvote 1

I received an email today from AIS/Kosnoff addressed to me and captioned "Dear Clients of AIS" (regarding e-ballot).

As I have never been represented, I'm trying to understand what is occurring.  Would one of you legal scholars please advise what this indicates and if I should take any action?

6 minutes ago, Eagle1970 said:

I received an email today from AIS/Kosnoff addressed to me and captioned "Dear Clients of AIS" (regarding e-ballot).

As I have never been represented, I'm trying to understand what is occurring.  Would one of you legal scholars please advise what this indicates and if I should take any action?

These are getting like "...you got Medicare options.." emails. :)

Have you received a paper ballot via US Mail, if not I suspect you will soon.

2 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

These are getting like "...you got Medicare options.." emails. :)

Have you received a paper ballot via US Mail, if not I suspect you will soon.

Yes.  I returned it about 10 days ago.  Ok.  Thanks.  I'll just move on.