Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

17 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

For those watching the docket this is an important point.  Someone wrote a letter to the judge saying they are represented by AVA.  They received their package and it didn’t have a ballot.  They called AVA 10 times with no response.   They are very concerned they won’t have a vote counted. 

Also, Omni messed up and sent Solicitation packages directly to several thousand survivor claimants whose attorneys had elected either the Master Ballot or “Hybrid Solicitation Method.” As a result, all of those ballots sent to survivor claimants in contravention of the firms’ election have been invalidated. Those two firms are Zuckerman Spaeder (1762 clients) and Andrews Thornton (2826 clients). Just FYI to all. The Doc No. advising of this error is 6821, filed 10.27.21. 

Edited by ThenNow
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

This validates my insistence on residential and commercial front door cameras.

Having not given this package much thought since Tuesday, and allowing half an hour to pass since my post, I now wonder whether this was delivered to the church office, and someone there left it where we would find it, assuming we, and not they, needed to address the contents.

The outside door is usually locked. There are three adults associated with the pack and troop who have the key. Other groups have the key as well. The door was locked when we arrived on Monday. So, whoever left the package there seems to have used a key.

Currently, we are required to leave the outside door open during our meetings to limit the number of people who need to touch the door handle. This is a COVID precaution required by the Catholic diocese.

20 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

For those watching the docket this is an important point.  Someone wrote a letter to the judge saying they are represented by AVA.  They received their package and it didn’t have a ballot.  They called AVA 10 times with no response.   They are very concerned they won’t have a vote counted. 

I recommend contacting OmniAgent directly and pronto.

55 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

Yep, and remember, the TCC has had BRG on the payroll this whole time doing financial analysis.

Oo. This is gonna be good. I’ve been begging for this for many months. I can’t wait. This wonderful November surprise is appropriate, since it’s a month in advance of the vote tally. I hope many will clearly see that the Emperor has no clothes. This is a metaphor so it does NOT violate YP or any other sense of Scouting and social decorum. 

1 hour ago, Eagle1993 said:

What will be interesting is that the Methodist Units will not recharter until March/April ... so we will see a late coming surge of recharter payments in 2022

Unless I misunderstood something, we (UMC units) must still file the re-charter paperwork as we normally do, and must pay the registration fees for each Scout and adult leader.  What we do not do is pay the $75 Charter Org fee until at least March 31, provided UMC continues as a Charter Org, in which case we would have to do so through what ever CO we may be able to find.  In that case we would not see a surge of payments in April 2022.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
19 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Apparently charter organizations are being mailed something by the BSA asking for donations to the survivors fund.  This was mentioned before, but now more and more updates are coming confirming something was mailed out.

Some charter orgs seem to be confused as they are sending it to the unit (Pack/Troop).

Some have indicated it is asking about Charter Org, Troop/Pack assets.  I'll post more info if anyone actual scans in what is being sent.

I don’t see a lot of packs/troops contributing to that.  They’ll hide any visible assets in an instant.

2 hours ago, 100thEagleScout said:

I don’t see a lot of packs/troops contributing to that.  They’ll hide any visible assets in an instant.

What visible assets do you think the average pack/troop has, that they would 'hide in an instant'?

Our pack assets really only consist of a pack flag and an American flag.  The troop has the same by way of flags, along with 8 or 9 tents and several patrol boxes filled with yard sale cooking gear.  Most of what we camp with is provided by the individual scouts.  While I know that there are troops with a lot of high end gear, I feel safe in the thought that the average pack or troop could not raise more than a few hundred dollars, if that, even if they liquidated everything they own.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, MikeS72 said:

What visible assets do you think the average pack/troop has, that they would 'hide in an instant'?

Our pack assets really only consist of a pack flag and an American flag.  The troop has the same by way of flags, along with 8 or 9 tents and several patrol boxes filled with yard sale cooking gear.  Most of what we camp with is provided by the individual scouts.  While I know that there are troops with a lot of high end gear, I feel safe in the thought that the average pack or troop could not raise more than a few hundred dollars, if that, even if they liquidated everything they own.

Pretty much. Troops might have a significant amount of money in their accounts, but that's normally accounts payables type money... Ie: collected fees for Summer camp before cutting the check to the camp. It's not idle, available cash. My Troop has about 1k in cash that we keep for supporting families with financial needs. Other than that, the Troops "assets" are trailers and used camping gear. 

• Upvote 2

Interested to hear from Scouters who know the situation with their LC’s proposed Plan contribution who also watched last night’s TCC presentation of two BRG Dashboards. Per the town hall (again), the LC BRG dashboards are all being released, albeit slowly. The two they reviewed should be up soon, if I understood correctly. Ok. I’m actually interested in any and all thoughts. All comers welcomed. 

Edited by ThenNow

The Dashboards destroy the Plan proponents’ baseless arguments that the LC’s are making “substantial contributions” in exchange for complete releases. The Coalition cut this deal with the devil without an iota of diligence. No way the Proponents can put lipstick on that pig. I’d call this only one of a dozen fatal wounds to the Plan. 

• Upvote 2

After last weeks meeting and TCC hosting MJ the coalition made the announcement of forming an advisory group on YPT. What will they do this week come up with a slideshow that shows why they think the LC's cannot give more to the settlement?

14 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

What will they do this week come up with a slideshow that shows why they think the LC's cannot give more to the settlement?

I think you can count on a counter point presentation from Arik Preis. 

5 hours ago, Muttsy said:

More interesting will be to see how the LC Ad Hoc committee responds at the confirmation trial. 

I’m thinking we will hear something before then. I am not in the know, but their butt must be on fire right now. One would think they will seek a bucket of ice water into which they can plunk their cheeks to attempt extinguishment. By that I mean, the will try to put the cat back in the bag or blunt the knife’s edge, to use metaphors more commonly used in such contexts. 

1 hour ago, ThenNow said:

Does anyone know the key firms opposing the Plan? I know Zuckerman, Anderson & Associates, and several CA groups. I would love to know the aggregate total clients among them.

Anderson has about 1600. I believe.