Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

1 hour ago, Eagle1993 said:

Apparently charter organizations are being mailed something by the BSA asking for donations to the survivors fund.  This was mentioned before, but now more and more updates are coming confirming something was mailed out.

Some charter orgs seem to be confused as they are sending it to the unit (Pack/Troop).

Some have indicated it is asking about Charter Org, Troop/Pack assets.  I'll post more info if anyone actual scans in what is being sent.

It has to be pretty hit or miss so far.  I'm COR and CC for a pack and troop, and I haven't seen anything.  I wonder if LCs have to have a hand in it for it to happen?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

8 hours ago, T2Eagle said:

It has to be pretty hit or miss so far.  I'm COR and CC for a pack and troop, and I haven't seen anything.  I wonder if LCs have to have a hand in it for it to happen?

Not clear yet.   Someone mentioned it is going to COs that were pre 1976.   Another stated they contacted their LC who told them they were not allowed to make any recommendations regarding the packets.  

6 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Not clear yet.   Someone mentioned it is going to COs that were pre 1976.   Another stated they contacted their LC who told them they were not allowed to make any recommendations regarding the packets.  

We're 50+ years old.  I'll post if I receive anything.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Apparently charter organizations are being mailed something by the BSA asking for donations to the survivors fund.  This was mentioned before, but now more and more updates are coming confirming something was mailed out.

Some charter orgs seem to be confused as they are sending it to the unit (Pack/Troop).

Some have indicated it is asking about Charter Org, Troop/Pack assets.  I'll post more info if anyone actual scans in what is being sent.

I just saw the package that was mailed to Charter Orgs.  It included an FAQ document, Notice of Confirmation Hearing, and a sample Form Of Letter of Intent from Councils in which the Councils commit to contributing to the Settlement Trust.  That Form LOI (which as I recall is in the approved Disclosure Statement) also calls for Councils to disclose real estate assets, etc., relating to the real estate portion of the Council contributions.

My sense is that the documents might have been put into envelopes out of order, leading to some confusion.  

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, SNEScouter said:

My sense is that the documents might have been put into envelopes out of order, leading to some confusion.  

Thanks for this.

Do you mean put into envelopes “in error” or “incorrectly,” such that COs are getting what was intended to go to the LC? Regardless, this leads me to believe something must be going to the COs at some point. Am I misunderstanding? Again, I’m trying to figure out where/how my CO might be engaged or not. Thanks.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:46 PM, CynicalScouter said:

BSA operating report

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/d6efad20-6268-4028-b79c-41973a37cb27_6448.pdf

The endowment is gone, zeroed out.

They have not raided the retirement benefit trust but that looks like it is next (66 million)

Total Ending Unrestricted Liquidity - BSA 142,414,000

Total Ending Unrestricted Cash Balance - BSA 75,881,000

New report released.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/0fcb0932-c53d-4728-b795-65895a0826df_6901.pdf

Total Ending Unrestricted Liquidity - BSA 145,024,000

Total Ending Unrestricted Cash Balance - BSA 78,496,000

BSA had positive cash flow & didn't touch their remaining trust during the month of September.  Big increases in income from Registrations, Supply & High Adventure. 

I expect we will see positive cash in October as more scouts join the organization.  Then in December/Jan from rechartering.  What will be interesting is that the Methodist Units will not recharter until March/April ... so we will see a late coming surge of recharter payments in 2022.

• Upvote 1
Just now, ThenNow said:

Thanks for this.

Do you mean put into envelopes “in error” or “incorrectly,” such that COs are getting what was intended to go to the LC? Regardless, this leads me to believe something must be going to the COs at some point. Am I misunderstanding? Again, I’m trying to figure out where/how my CO might be engaged or not. Thanks.

It appears that the Form Council Letter of Intent was intnended to be included for reference purposes.  However, it may have been at the top of a 20-page stack of documents, when it really was intended to be an exhibit at the  bottom of the pile.  When the LOI is the first thing that the CO reads, it is easy for that CO to conclude that someone is asking them to contribute assets, when that isn't the case.  If your CO gets this package, they should just focus on the FAQ document first.

2 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

Well...well..  Just spoke to my attorney.  The TCC is going to be discussing and starting release of the the LOCAL COUNCIL DASHBOARDS tonight at its Town Hall!

It will be interesting to see how the coalition of lawyers responds.  Will they dispute what the TCC says the LC's have?  And if they don't how will they say that the offer is as good as it can get?

4 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

Well...well..  Just spoke to my attorney.  The TCC is going to be discussing and starting release of the the LOCAL COUNCIL DASHBOARDS tonight at its Town Hall!

They said they were doing that at the last TCC town hall that Michael Johnson spoke at. 

1 minute ago, johnsch322 said:

It will be interesting to see how the coalition of lawyers responds.  Will they dispute what the TCC says the LC's have?  And if they don't how will they say that the offer is as good as it can get?

Yep, and remember, the TCC has had BRG on the payroll this whole time doing financial analysis.

18 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Apparently charter organizations are being mailed something by the BSA asking for donations to the survivors fund.

There was a package left for my chartered organization when our pack met on Monday evening. I didn't see it or learn of its existence until Tuesday. Someone saw it and dropped it off at the office. It was left on the floor outside the door of the room in which the church meets. Mail is not ordinarily delivered there. No one seems to know how the person who delivered it got into the building.

From TCCBSA.COM website.......

Topics at this Town Hall will include:

How much is your Local Council contributing towards your Claim? The TCC will discuss inadequacies of the cash and other asset contributions made by Local Councils.

• Respond to voting questions: “where is my ballot,” “how do I fill out my ballot,” “what are the elections under the ballot,” and “where do I send my ballot”

• Why the TCC Recommends a “NO” Vote.

Zoom link: https://pszjlaw.zoom.us/j/82272826295 (no registration required) 

or by phone: 888-788-0099 (toll free), Webinar ID: 822 7282 6295

33 minutes ago, PeterHopkins said:

Someone saw it and dropped it off at the office. It was left on the floor outside the door of the room in which the church meets. Mail is not ordinarily delivered there. No one seems to know how the person who delivered it got into the building.

This validates my insistence on residential and commercial front door cameras. I’m not kidding. ;) Well, it was also driven by finding parcels torn asunder in my bushes after thieves opened them, stole jewelry, my Cal cap, and snacks, leaving the rest with the destroyed shipping containers. I’m still puzzled that they left my lovely soil test kit. It’s such an engaging science project and fun for the whole family. 

Edited by ThenNow
4 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

Respond to voting questions: “where is my ballot,” “how do I fill out my ballot,” “what are the elections under the ballot,” and “where do I send my ballot”

For those watching the docket this is an important point.  Someone wrote a letter to the judge saying they are represented by AVA.  They received their package and it didn’t have a ballot.  They called AVA 10 times with no response.   They are very concerned they won’t have a vote counted.