Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

Mods, I’m mad. You killed the brightest star in this forum’s constellation. I don’t care what you have to do. Groveling is a start. Get him back. Or maybe it was your intention all along to snuff out his voice. 
No disrespect to the other posters but I think I speak for everyone. 

This time is critical and desperately needs high altitude analysis. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Muttsy said:

Mods, I’m mad. You killed the brightest star in this forum’s constellation. I don’t care what you have to do. Groveling is a start. Get him back. Or maybe it was your intention all along to snuff out his voice. 

No disrespect. You do not speak for me. 

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Muttsy said:

He can come back whenever he wants. The moderators shouldn't have to beg somebody to participate after they were post limited for abusing other members. 

So no, you don't speak for everyone. 

11 hours ago, Muttsy said:

I initiated the last action against CynicalScouter because he had become abusive towards others, was posting replies that were entirely irrelevant to the comments he was replying to and was doing so in such volume that it was functionally the same as spamming the forum.  I'm not certain what triggered the change in his posting from the fairly cool and concise analysis that he had been offering but no forum moderator can allow someone to behave that way and retain any legitimacy as being impartial.

I even reached out to him via direct message when the 1 week pre-approval began and explained that it was temporary and that we were not attempting to make him change his message in any way and asked him to continue participating in a civil and thread relevant manner, but he declined.

However, I know that he has been absent for several months in the past and returned so there is still a chance that he'll return at some point.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, elitts said:

I know that he has been absent for several months in the past and returned so there is still a chance that he'll return at some point.

The most recent sabbatical saw him return with a nice tan, a beach-chill vibe and renewed energy for the scuffle. I love a good melee, but I have plenty of my own mania to go around. That is neither an accusation nor judgment by implication, simply a matter of well-documented fact. As some here know, we ran hard together for many months and I love and respect him. I do worry about people and hope he’s doing well. 

• Upvote 2

CS is the only reason this topic has educated anyone to the extent that it has.  

Some of you are witty and knowledgeable, but not very analytical at a USAToday level. 

So how is the patch trading market currently? Have BSA patches increased in value, about the same, or there is lack of interest? I have some to move.

18 minutes ago, RobertCalifornia said:

CS is the only reason this topic has educated anyone to the extent that it has.  

Some of you are witty and knowledgeable, but not very analytical at a USAToday level. 

Ouchie. I need a tourniquet and an ice cream STAT!! Call my mother to fetch me, while you’re at it. I just showered so the ice cream is a medical necessity only.

I beg to differ and I am in no way referring to yours drooly. There are at least four other legally/professionally informed and technically excellent analysts here. Not the volume of my former colleague, but substantively sound, consistently active, highly insightful and typically accurate. Technical content is not the only bell weather of a critical and valuable contribution. Also, if the content and the analysis get clouded by intense emotion and rapid fire, hair trigger reactions, the salience and timely import can be lost. (I stand accused by my own words, but I try to be self-aware and promptly respond to Thor’s hammer.)

Edited by ThenNow
  • Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, RobertCalifornia said:

So how is the patch trading market currently? Have BSA patches increased in value, about the same, or there is lack of interest? I have some to move.

I threw down some dandy 70’s product back when and all I was offered was a stinky red beret and a rusty belt buckle, as I recall. Still holding my goods. Whatcha got? :) 

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Ouchie. I need a tourniquet and an ice cream STAT!! Call my mother to fetch me, while you’re at it. I just showered so the ice cream is a medical necessity only.

I beg to differ and I am in no way referring to yours drooly. There are at least four other legally/professionally informed and technically excellent analysts here. Not the volume of my former colleague, but substantively sound, consistently active, highly insightful and typically accurate. Technical content is not the only bell weather of a critical and valuable contribution. Also, if the content and the analysis get clouded by intense emotion and rapid fire, hair trigger reactions, the salience and timely import can be lost. (I stand accused by my own words, but I try to be self-aware and promptly respond to Thor’s hammer.)

While I empathize with our volunteer moderators who may have felt they had to uncross swords 24/7, it did seem like people were continually baiting Cynical Scouter. Some of it was unwitting -- they were often newly arrived to the discussion -- but others seemed to enjoy poking the tiger knowing full well he would swat. I miss his analysis. I hope he comes back. 

Apparently charter organizations are being mailed something by the BSA asking for donations to the survivors fund.  This was mentioned before, but now more and more updates are coming confirming something was mailed out.

Some charter orgs seem to be confused as they are sending it to the unit (Pack/Troop).

Some have indicated it is asking about Charter Org, Troop/Pack assets.  I'll post more info if anyone actual scans in what is being sent.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Apparently charter organizations are being mailed something by the BSA asking for donations to the survivors fund.  This was mentioned before, but now more and more updates are coming confirming something was mailed out.

Some charter orgs seem to be confused as they are sending it to the unit (Pack/Troop).

Some have indicated it is asking about Charter Org, Troop/Pack assets.  I'll post more info if anyone actual scans in what is being sent.

Oo. That sounds like another delightful and confusing effort. Can’t wait to see and hear more. I keep wondering about my little mama’s church that was my CO. Maybe I’ll call the Bishop.