Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

So the NCCS statement basically is telling catholic units to keep the Charter Org model and stay away from the facilities one unless you want someone else to control your unit.

My friend got a mailing from National's lawyers asking if his unit wanted to contribute to the victims fund and what insurance option he wanted.  Anyone else get one of these packages?

So what really happens if this is voted down?  Does the bill each council got become void and start over?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, PACAN said:

My friend got a mailing from National's lawyers asking if his unit wanted to contribute to the victims fund and what insurance option he wanted.  Anyone else get one of these packages?

Methodist or Catholic unit? Seems pretty sketchy to do this outside of normal recharter. 

57 minutes ago, PACAN said:

So the NCCS statement basically is telling catholic units to keep the Charter Org model and stay away from the facilities one unless you want someone else to control your unit.

So what really happens if this is voted down?  Does the bill each council got become void and start over?

That seems really strange unless he is the COR or IH of an independent unit like "Friends of Troop xxx" with no nationally affiliating group like VFW, Elks, Lions, a church, etc.

John Humphrey (member of the TCC) tweeted out late last night the following…”A no vote is a slight delay. We are making progress behind the scenes.”

This is the only Tweet I’ve seen from him about the BSA case.  I don’t expect this first plan to pass with enough votes; however, perhaps a glimmer of hope that parties realize what might happen and are prepared for an alternate path.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

John Humphrey (member of the TCC) tweeted out late last night the following…”A no vote is a slight delay. We are making progress behind the scenes.”

Would please direct me to his Tweet or post it? Anyone who knows…

Edited by ThenNow
On 10/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, DJ72 said:

It seems at this critical time of voting, that the AVA law firm has went in a black hole for any response to email or calling at a scheduled time. Is anyone else having that issue?

Happy to report,  I had a scheduled call with AVA and the call took place as planned.  Good discussion on the details of my case. 

• Upvote 3
48 minutes ago, DJ72 said:

Happy to report,  I had a scheduled call with AVA and the call took place as planned.  Good discussion on the details of my case. 

They have totally ignored me, emailed a couple of times.  I am in a closed state though so I can't provide them with a lot of money so that's why I am no longer profitable for them.  

17 hours ago, PACAN said:

Catholic unit.

I'm COR of a Catholic Unit, haven't seen or heard of anything like that.  I would venture either he misreported or misunderstood what he received.  Or it's a scam.

• Upvote 1
On 10/30/2021 at 7:29 PM, skeptic said:

A Scouter friend posted this from the Catholic Committee. 

Do you have a link to this or source verification? I’m not questioning, just hoping to snag it. My CO is a Catholic parish and this will be good for me to have in my file, along with the source cite. Many thanks.

Edited by ThenNow
On 10/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, johnsch322 said:

Another reason not to vote for the current plan:

Press Release | Press Releases | Newsroom | #childabuse | #children | #kids - Parent Security Online

A proposed federal law for no SOL in civil cases of Child Abuse.

Except that the federal government has no jurisdiction over the Statutes of Limitations in Child Abuse cases in state courts.  Even if this passes, it would only be relevant to cases that could be filed in federal court.

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, elitts said:

Even if this passes, it would only be relevant to cases that could be filed in federal court.

Ja. That’s why CHILDUSA Advocacy continues its march into state legislatures, coalescing both sides of the aisle in support of some form of the Child Victims Act.