Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

1 minute ago, SiouxRanger said:

And even with this explanation of yours, and your "cutsie" reference to Spartacus, you still communicate NOT to me.  And yet I understand most of your posts, perhaps because I hold degrees equivalent to yours.

This is a forum to make communication of serious information to abuse survivors.

I have no idea what you’re talking or asking about at this point. Nor do I understand why you’re angry. Basically, I’m cornfusled. Anybody? Help a brother out?

Perhaps Spartacus will chime in on that “cutsie” reference. That entire post was serious and sincere.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Bronco1821 said:

My attorney sent an email stating that if you would like to talk to him about the vote, email his assistant and they will schedule a time.  I emailed the assistant, no response....emailed again, no response....why do I even have an attorney?  He has done nothing.  I have done all of the listening to court proceedings, reading the documents, finding information on my own.....  Could it be that I live in a closed state and won't be the cash cow he was hoping for?  I wouldn't put that past him.  

Look at your retainer agreement.  Ask how much you'd be billed NOW if you released them.  If that doesn't get their attention then suggest that you will fight paying for service you didn't receive.  Then represent yourself or get another attorney.  I am NOT an attorney but I was once involved with a lawsuit where a member of my family did NOT release counsel when she should have, lost, and it was a hard-learned lesson.

42 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

And even with this explanation of yours, and your "cutsie" reference to Spartacus, you still communicate NOT to me.  And yet I understand most of your posts, perhaps because I hold degrees equivalent to yours.

This is a forum to make communication of serious information to abuse survivors.

I think this forum has numerous purposes besides info to abuse survivors who may not actually write posts. It gives us a sense of community that we are not alone as survivors, it gives us a place to vent our feelings, it gives us a place to state our beliefs and yes it gives us all a place to communicate information (please come back @CynicalScouter).

I for one appreciate @ThenNow’s dark humor and sarcasm. It helps to have a good laugh once in awhile in all of this crap and yes occasionally I don’t exactly understand the joke but hey I only have a High School Diploma. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MYCVAStory said:

Look at your retainer agreement.  Ask how much you'd be billed NOW if you released them.  If that doesn't get their attention then suggest that you will fight paying for service you didn't receive.

It should have a clause or reference to the fee issue, as well as mutual cancellation provision. They may be willing to release you. Only maybe. Further, if you have documentation of non-performance, you may have grounds IF notice has been given and deemed sufficient. Hopefully, you have someone who can help you assess this.

1 hour ago, johnsch322 said:

I for one appreciate @ThenNow’s dark humor and sarcasm. It helps to have a good laugh once in awhile in all of this crap and yes occasionally I don’t exactly understand the joke but hey I only have a High School Diploma. 

Hey, bro. What did I do wrong here? I missed my transgression. Am not only in denial but having another dissociative fugue? Someone better call my mother to fetch me. Oh, and do her a solid and make me shower before she does. If I’m non-compliant, try ice cream…

PS - You’re not missing much. I get all my jokes and I still don’t quite understand (me). 

Edited by ThenNow
8 hours ago, SiouxRanger said:

Can we try to communicate with those who are not on the "inside?"

When I was in high school way back when and didn't understand a word I was told to look it up in the dictionary. That was before the internet and acronyms. Now there's Google. What's great now is you get the story of where a word came from. In this case it was the response of a US pilot during the Vietnam War after he was told he was being sent in as bait to find where the SAMs were being launched from. BTW, a SAM is a surface to air missile.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Bronco1821 said:

My attorney sent an email stating that if you would like to talk to him about the vote, email his assistant and they will schedule a time.  I emailed the assistant, no response....emailed again, no response....why do I even have an attorney?  He has done nothing.  I have done all of the listening to court proceedings, reading the documents, finding information on my own.....  Could it be that I live in a closed state and won't be the cash cow he was hoping for?  I wouldn't put that past him.  

If your State is fully closed, then that would be likely.  I don't understand why law firms even took on claimants in closed states.

2 hours ago, johnsch322 said:

I also appreciate his writings.  And for what it's worth, I'm college educated and still have to look up words in his posts 😁

That Coalition meeting was typical Big Law, small claimants.  “Leave no claimant behind”.  I’m sorry but you can’t have both fair compensation for some survivors and compensate all victims.  The fairest way to go about it is to just compensate those in open states only and closed states get whatever is left because that’s how a real bankruptcy proceeding works.  The numbers the way they are right now I don’t mathematically see how we get to 2/3 when 1/3 of claimants are in open states and may have already filed lawsuits against local councils and preserved statutes of limitations between them and BSA National through the bankruptcy filing and have no incentive to ever vote Yes on this plan or take the $3500.

16 hours ago, ThenNow said:
18 hours ago, johnsch322 said:

Hey, bro. What did I do wrong here? I missed my transgression.

I didn’t mean to you, rather the angry accusation previously leveled against me. If it’s now a non-issue, not to worry. If I stand accused of dark humor in the name of comedic relief, I plead guilty. 

Edited by ThenNow
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
On 10/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, MYCVAStory said:

Look at your retainer agreement.  Ask how much you'd be billed NOW if you released them.  If that doesn't get their attention then suggest that you will fight paying for service you didn't receive.  Then represent yourself or get another attorney.  I am NOT an attorney but I was once involved with a lawsuit where a member of my family did NOT release counsel when she should have, lost, and it was a hard-learned lesson.

Agreed that you should look at your retainer agreement. I would add that my recollection from the TCC meeting on October 14 is that you can notify your attorney that you are switching and it is up to the attorneys to work out any fee sharing structure. I was going to switch if my attorney (Jeff Anderson) did not recommend a "no" vote (which they eventually did). I hope everyone that has representation feels appropriately represented!

1 hour ago, clbkbx said:

Agreed that you should look at your retainer agreement. I would add that my recollection from the TCC meeting on October 14 is that you can notify your attorney that you are switching and it is up to the attorneys to work out any fee sharing structure. I was going to switch if my attorney (Jeff Anderson) did not recommend a "no" vote (which they eventually did). I hope everyone that has representation feels appropriately represented!

My law firm which is at this point really just being represented by Tim Kosnoff + Zuckerman Spaeder both in state court and the bankruptcy (since AVA has since moved onto the next advertising gig and Eisenberg Rothweiler has ditched all non-Coalition clients) has been very adamant about voting no.  While I voted my ballot myself the form they sent had all of the Reject and Opt-out options before the accept options.  Better that I’m actually getting good representation from them and they respond to my emails and texts any time I need and very quickly, but I know not everyone is afforded this luxury and I don’t see how ER can continue to “represent” me when there’s obviously a conflict of interest now in their firm representing me.