Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

Many claimants are reporting to have received the packet.  I have seen some complaints that the print out is 4 pages per page.  Some are stating that it is nearly impossible to actually read the documents that went out.

Edit:

Note that the reports I have seen are from Twitter so those individuals are probably tech savy enough to find the documents online.  I think the concern is that those who are not tech savy may to be able to actually read the documents.  I wonder who approved printing 4 pages on a single page.  At some point, why even send out paper?

Edited by Eagle1993
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Many claimants are reporting to have received the packet.  I have seen some complaints that the print out is 4 pages per page.  Some are stating that it is nearly impossible to actually read the documents that went out.

Edit:

Note that the reports I have seen are from Twitter so those individuals are probably tech savy enough to find the documents online.  I think the concern is that those who are not tech savy may to be able to actually read the documents.  I wonder who approved printing 4 pages on a single page.  At some point, why even send out paper?

We received a packet and the print is excessively small. It is multiple pages fit on one page.  My first thought, and I blame this on being extremely skeptical in general, is that it’s a “they won’t read the fine print and just go off what we tell them it says” situation. The Army taught me to never sign anything I can’t read, or understand, so pulling up the online is definitely my go to. I can’t imagine the frustration survivors might have. 

45 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Yes. It’s ridiculous. I don’t know about “who approved,” but BSA’s lead counsel, Jessica Lauria, was self-congratulatory trumpeting this feat of font compression (suppression?) in the name of cost and tree saving. Her note of it was followed by a plea for all of us to recycle.

I’m old school and I need paper to hold, scribble on and go back to for easy reference. I’ve said this to others recently, and we all know this, but this entire bankruptcy construct is horrible for a mass tort case. This is just one more illustration.

Just for a comparison, if the documents originated about 10-points, now at 4 per page, they are 2 point font.  The SEC requires all printed prospectuses to go out at 10-point with some allowances to go as low as 8 point.  I question how this was allowed.  Again, if you are going to print and mail a document, make it readable.  Printing 2 point font and sending it out is nearly worthless.  I expect most will probably either ignore and just vote or go to the webpage.  However, there are many that do want to read paper.  The judge swung and missed.  I wonder if the US Trustee is fuming...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/17/230.420#:~:text=(a) The body of all,as 10-point modern type.

2 hours ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

YGBSM

piobndinerinxsdingespoinesinberonobneqdsinxeonindeeeondeinonn !!!

Well, at least we speak the same language. 

Can we try to communicate with those who are not on the "inside?"

This forum is worthless if it does not EXPAND the audience of informed scouters.  About a dozen registered members "trade messages," essentially a forum of "private discussion" conducted in public.

That will not create a "movement" nor educate nor inspire the casual lurker on this forum.

They are seeking CLEAR information.

Those here who have it, should share it CLEARLY.

And thus goodness is done.

Edited by elitts
Formatting
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

FYI ... I had to google it as well :) ... this is not an internal acronym 

YGBSM = You've gotta be s$&**ing me 

I didn't bother to Google it.

The point of communication is to communicate.

The really important folks here are those who are NOT registered.  They are looking for information.  And it is our duty to provide that to them.

1 hour ago, SiouxRanger said:

The point of communication is to communicate.

The really important folks here are those who are NOT registered.  They are looking for information.  And it is our duty to provide that to them.

From a survivor standpoint, I’m sorry if we didn’t make that clear. We are not just responding to each other or the many, many survivors watching, listening and learning. Have you noticed how, every so often, one of us chimes in who has not been seen before? Tip of the iceberg. Also, the press is here. Fact. Tim Kosnoff is here with a large audience, which includes survivors, the Coalition, the general public and even more press. This is a massive digital bulletin board with critical, broad and timely reach. That’s part of the reason a handful of “us” are so vocal and emotional. We try to speak for our brothers, though I never want to presume I am some gallant and brilliant mouthpiece. I do know I was a hen’s tooth when I opened my mouth almost one year ago and now we are many. We soldier on and do what we can. 

Btw, I’m grateful for this platform and won’t forget Spartacus who fought for me to “stay at our campfire.”

13 minutes ago, Gilwell_1919 said:

So Ken Rothweiller sent out a message last week urging surviors to vote yes...(video here).... but the TCC just recently sent out a vido (here) stating that the Rothweiller video was simply a scare tactic that included misinfornation. 

Any thoughts or opinions?

As to the former, it’s full of lies, scare tactics, hysterical fabrications and false accusations. 

As to the latter, it addresses the former, eviscerates them and tosses ‘em into the bass pond over their shoulders like so much chum. 

Edited by ThenNow
19 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

As to the latter, it addresses the former, eviscerates them and tosses ‘em into the bass pond over their shoulders like so much chum. 

Ah, easy to read... easy to understand. Thank you for the clarity!

I wonder if AIS folks can fire their attorney and hitch their wagon to another train?

I was at a recent community/scouting event and one of the CORs brought a package they had received from National. The COR took it as a notice they are being "left out on the fray". The LCSE pretty much avoided answering any questions and side-stepped the conversation.

Within our council... COs are dropping units at a very fast pace. If national doesn't do something to shore up the damage... I don't think there will be anyone left in BSA because it won't have any COs left. 

1 hour ago, Gilwell_1919 said:

I wonder if AIS folks can fire their attorney and hitch their wagon to another train?

100%. In fact, Dr. Kennedy said, effectively, “If you can’t get a hold of your attorney, you probably need to get a new one!”

Edited by ThenNow
3 hours ago, ThenNow said:

From a survivor standpoint, I’m sorry if we didn’t make that clear. We are not just responding to each other or the many, many survivors watching, listening and learning. Have you noticed how, every so often, one of us chimes in who has not been seen before? Tip of the iceberg. Also, the press is here. Fact. Tim Kosnoff is here with a large audience, which includes survivors, the Coalition, the general public and even more press. This is a massive digital bulletin board with critical, broad and timely reach. That’s part of the reason a handful of “us” are so vocal and emotional. We try to speak for our brothers, though I never want to presume I am some gallant and brilliant mouthpiece. I do know I was a hen’s tooth when I opened my mouth almost one year ago and now we are many. We soldier on and do what we can. 

Btw, I’m grateful for this platform and won’t forget Spartacus who fought for me to “stay at our campfand ire.”

And even with this explanation of yours, and your "cutsie" reference to Spartacus, you still communicate NOT to me.  And yet I understand most of your posts, perhaps because I hold degrees equivalent to yours.

This is a forum to make communication of serious information to abuse survivors.

32 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

100%. In fact, Dr. Kennedy said, effectively, “If you can’t get a hold of your attorney, you probably need to get a new one!”

My attorney sent an email stating that if you would like to talk to him about the vote, email his assistant and they will schedule a time.  I emailed the assistant, no response....emailed again, no response....why do I even have an attorney?  He has done nothing.  I have done all of the listening to court proceedings, reading the documents, finding information on my own.....  Could it be that I live in a closed state and won't be the cash cow he was hoping for?  I wouldn't put that past him.