Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

Oct 18, 2021

"The Coalition of Abused Scouts for Justice ("Coalition") announced today that it has successfully negotiated a commitment from the Boy Scouts of America to appoint a Boy Scouts sexual abuse survivor to its National Executive Board as part of the Bankruptcy Reorganization Plan."

"The Coalition will be hosting regular virtual meetings to keep the survivor community apprised of updates ahead of the December 14, 2021 deadline to vote for the Plan. The next virtual meeting will be held Tuesday, October 19, 2021, at 8:00 PM ET. For information on the benefits of The Plan, instructions on how to vote, or access to the next virtual meeting, visit scoutingabusesurvivors.com."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-coalition-of-abused-scouts-for-justice-secures-commitment-from-boy-scouts-of-america-to-appoint-a-survivor-on-national-executive-board-301402446.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coalition-abused-scouts-justice-secures-161600106.html

Edited by RememberSchiff
53 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

Isn't this quite misleading?  Isn't this a coalition of lawyers? 

To comment briefly, only on the public perception and not the motive, many were confused by this. It was instrumental in securing them a position at the mediation table, imnsho. For many month the media represented them to be, effectively, the replacement entity to the TCC. I, and others, contacted them to object loudly and often. The media have since made it clear they are not, in part by doing a much better job covering what the TCC is saying and doing. For a good stretch there, I was pretty upset about it.

Edited by ThenNow

Charter and ByLaws of BSA as amended through May, 2021

https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Charter_Bylaws_May2021.pdf

Article III. The Executive Board, Section 2 Membership  will drop from 64 to 40 members. Adding a single survivor is similar to having a single, token scout member on the National Executive Board. 

Zero impact.

:(

Edited by RememberSchiff
clarity
  • Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

Tantamount to selecting a single, token scout member* for the Executive Board.

I'm searching for his name now. I believe an 18yr old from Jersey.

If you would, please explain these two sentences. I think I had a Monday afternoon blackout. 

8 hours ago, 1980Scouter said:

So we could see the TCC plan maybe today for their vision of how contributions would be under their plan.

This could be a game changer for bankruptcy. 

At the last Town Hall meeting the comment was made that the focus is on the current plan since THAT is what's being voted on.  If I were the TCC I'd let that mess of a plan take a bit of a beating for a while before releasing all or parts of their plan.  Stay down in the fox hole until the time is right to attack!  That said, maybe some will be discussed Thiursday at the next Town Hall?

47 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

Article III. The Executive Board, Section 2 Membership  will drop from 64 to 40 members. Adding a single survivor is similar to having a single, token scout member on the National Executive Board. 

Zero impact.

Damn right.  This is so amazingly token it's yet another example of the BSA setting a new low for the least it can do.  ONE vote in a closed-door meeting.  The fact that the Coalition was touting it shows they don't get it either.

1 minute ago, ThenNow said:

Did anyone else watch the Coalition Town Crier event?

I don't remember if I said this in this forum or another, and I hope we merge soon, but it was embarassing.  Rothweiler starts by crying about how he's working day and night?  Where do I sign up for that and its payday?  What really threw me though was this disconenct...he said at the beginning that they had 2,000 viewers.  Okay, let's say we believe that.  2,000 of the 70,000 clients they represent?  Not good.  They then answered 19 questions in 45 minutes.  The week before the TCC answered over 200 in an hour.  So you tell me:

1.  They weren't prepared to answer questions?

2.  Their clients are so well informed they didn't have any questions?

3.  The questions they got they didn't want to see the light of day so they didn't answer them?

I'm not a Coalition client but I'm curious.  I posted a question that they wouldn't see was positive to their cause and it never appeared because they didn't answer it.  The whole performance wasn't pretty and if I was a Coalition client who asked a challenging question I'd be pissed.  They'll be back Tuesday night and I hope for those clients' sake it goes better.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, ThenNow said:

Train wreck. They need a producer, coaching, a writer, an editor, more water for Ken…and, for the love of mercy, would someone please send Ken flowers and some multivitamins? He’s working night and day, and day and night. Crisscrossing the globe chasin nickels and twisting arms. BooHoo. Fa’gedabadit. 

Can’t take it. Now, “they’re not taking fees out of the survivors’ pocket…like other professionals.” Say what? “If you don’t approve, 5-10 years of litigation” pretty much guaranteed.

I’m out…

On 10/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, ThenNow said:

Let me add, half hour and ‘answered’ 19 questions, most of which weren’t questions. No response to mine. Might be too many coming in they can’t or don’t want to answer. I was told the TCC answered 200+ in an hour. Gimme a break. This show ain’t ready for the road. Lotta dog. No pony or saddle-ready cowboys.

On 10/16/2021 at 5:23 PM, ThenNow said:

Well, they said 2k. 19 questions to the TCC’s 200 answered? I very, very seriously doubt that. Rothweiler looked scared, rattled, unprepared and cotton-mouthed. I’m not just saying that. As a stage and production guy, it was a red hot Hot Chicken mess. Swing and a whiff. By a mile. I would like to hear from any Coalition client(s) who came away with overwhelming confidence in their counsel and advice given. Anyone? Going once…

Yupper...

9 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

They'll be back Tuesday night and I hope for those clients' sake it goes better.

I wonder if there will be guest appearances pretty soon. Oo. I hope so. Rumor has it Jessica Lauria and Peter Anker are fab on a talk show.