Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

I have not heard the specific number (or taken time to count the filings), but hundreds if not thousands of chartered organizations also filed claims to protect their interests. They are now being notified that they will be receiving the disclosure information and an accompanying ballot.  It will be interesting to see how the non-LDS organizations vote.  I suspect that most will vote as a bloc following the recommendation of their national organization.  

In addition, weren't there several others such as suppliers who also filed claims? And would they not also have the right to cast a vote?  In a close vote, every vote can have an impact.

3 minutes ago, gpurlee said:

I have not heard the specific number (or taken time to count the filings), but hundreds if not thousands of chartered organizations also filed claims to protect their interests. They are now being notified that they will be receiving the disclosure information and an accompanying ballot.  It will be interesting to see how the non-LDS organizations vote.  I suspect that most will vote as a bloc following the recommendation of their national organization.  

In addition, weren't there several others such as suppliers who also filed claims? And would they not also have the right to cast a vote?  In a close vote, every vote can have an impact.

Those are different classes.  Each class must approve by 2/3.  The sex abuse claimants are their own class and must approve by 2/3 for BSA and likely 75 to 90%+ if LCs and COs are included.   

One addition wrinkle.  There is a debate if those that select $3500 immediate payout are the same class as the other CSA claimants.   There are others that are arguing those outside SOL are a different class.  Those decisions will be made later.  

• Upvote 1

Here's your chance to watch the Coalition's Town Hall...no idea if they'll take questions....

Coalition Meeting

1.  Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EDT / 12:00 p.m. PDT:
           Please click the link below to join the webinar:
           https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84832741950?pwd=V09rTVpHV1FsRE04OWczTThKYTVDQT09<https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84832741950?pwd=V09rTVpHV1FsRE04OWczTThKYTVDQT09>
           Passcode: 098865

Or One tap mobile :
             US: +13017158592,,84832741950#,,,,*098865#  or +13126266799,,84832741950#,,,,*098865#

Or Telephone:
             Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
               US: +1 301 715 8592  or +1 312 626 6799  or +1 929 436 2866  or +1 253 215 8782  or +1 346 248 7799  or +1 669 900 6833

Webinar ID: 848 3274 1950

International numbers available: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbKllVCOn<https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbKllVCOn>

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Wondering said:

Article from the L.A. Times today: Boy Scouts payout disputed (pagesuite.com)

Note 4th paragraph 😉 

Hallelujah! Please don’t shrink the font? Pretty please? I’ll be good. (For a few minutes.)

“We can’t tell you how to vote, but we can frankly tell you this plan sucks,” Doug Kennedy, vice chair of the court-appointed tort claimants committee that represents abuse survivors in the bankruptcy, said at a virtual town hall Oct. 7. “That’s not the legal term. That’s the survivor term — it sucks.”

26 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Just got an email from AIS recommending I vote yes. Repeatedly.

From AIS or Eisnenberg Rothweiler? Kosnoff is violently opposed. I’d wait for his letter if you are on the fence. 

13 minutes ago, Muttsy said:

From AIS or Eisnenberg Rothweiler? Kosnoff is violently opposed. I’d wait for his letter if you are on the fence. 

Email from AIS directing me to the letter from ER.

I’m not on the fence about it.

Edit: They included other letters further down the email that recommend both sides of the decision.

Edited by Rabid
18 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

“We can’t tell you how to vote, but we can frankly tell you this plan sucks,” Doug Kennedy, vice chair of the court-appointed tort claimants committee that represents abuse survivors in the bankruptcy, said at a virtual town hall Oct. 7. “That’s not the legal term. That’s the survivor term — it sucks.”

Last night they were allowed to suggest how Survivors should vote, and did...and their Zoom backgrounds for Kennedy and Humphrey included the TCC logo and in Red Caps VOTE NO

5 hours ago, vol_scouter said:

As a board member, I receive council information.  Since this chapter 11, the legal counsel requested that we not release any information.  Whenever the attorney advises that the information can be released, the council will do so.  My actions are in keeping with my obligations as a board member and in keeping with the Scout Law.  

How do you discern the fiduciary line of whom you are to serve first and most aggressively? Here it is Local Council (and I know and your Scouts), but is the rationale you’re doing “your duty to God and your country, obeying the Scout Law” then, in descending order of priority “help(ing) other people at all times”? There are tens of thousands of you/their/somebody’s former Scouts on this side of the information vacuum. It seems Local Councils, legal advice or not, didn’t make any of the lists, that I recall. I bailed 40 years ago, so I’m rusty. It seems what is most protected in this entrenched unwillingness to disclose is the truth or falsity about someone’s financial representations. One or t’other. I am not poking or judging. You went to the fiduciary defense and to the Scout law, so I’m just askin. I’ve been in very tough spots where I had to determine to whom I owed the highest degree of loyalty and honor, based on the true sense of a fiduciary and the vulnerability of one party vs the power and leverage of the other. The word literally means “trust,” as in trustworthy. We’re just asking for the truth, on which all trust is built. “On advice of counsel” doesn’t show up in any of the Scout guidelines, Law, Oath, rules, Motto or the old Leni Lenape recitations from OA. Not even the Slogan or Outdoor Code, for that matter. ;) 

28 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Email from AIS directing me to the letter from ER.

I’m not on the fence about it.

Edit: They included other letters further down the email that recommend both sides of the decision.

I would recommend saving all corespondents with ER.  He may be building up a nice malpractice case if he is putting stuff out through AIS (as I thought AIS was a shell of 3 combined firms.   You might get more from his law firm and their insurance than BSA. 

• Haha 1

Oct 14, 2021

For comparison:

A federal bankruptcy court in Minnesota has accepted a reorganization plan that would compensate sexual abuse survivors in the Diocese of Winona-Rochester. 

The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota signed off on the plan on Thursday after it was submitted by the diocese and the Committee of Unsecured Creditors, who represent the 145 abuse survivors. 

The diocese and committee reached a settlement in February for $21.5 million. 

Terms of the plan confirmed Thursday by the court call for the creation of a trust fund totaling just over $22,000,000 to compensate the survivors. It covers Diocesan assets, including the disposition of specific Diocesan assets and insurance coverage settlements of $6.5 million. 

The diocese filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November 2018. Since then, the diocese said it's been working toward a resolution of claims against the diocese and non-diocesan Catholic entities within the diocese. 

The statement from the diocese said the plan also includes the "implementation of enhanced non-monetary protocols for the protection of children which were first implemented by the diocese in 2002. "

More at sources:

https://www.wxow.com/news/top-stories/bankruptcy-court-approves-reorganization-plan-for-diocese-of-winona-rochester/article_e8339094-2d44-11ec-8a32-c72f287e9a6b.html

https://www.dowr.org/reorganization/index.html

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, MYCVAStory said:

Here's your chance to watch the Coalition's Town Hall...no idea if they'll take questions....

Coalition Meeting

1.  Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EDT / 12:00 p.m. PDT:
           Please click the link below to join the webinar:
           https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84832741950?pwd=V09rTVpHV1FsRE04OWczTThKYTVDQT09<https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84832741950?pwd=V09rTVpHV1FsRE04OWczTThKYTVDQT09>

Or One tap mobile :
             US: +13017158592,,84832741950#,,,,*098865#  or +13126266799,,84832741950#,,,,*098865#

Or Telephone:
             Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
               US: +1 301 715 8592  or +1 312 626 6799  or +1 929 436 2866  or +1 253 215 8782  or +1 346 248 7799  or +1 669 900 6833

Webinar ID: 848 3274 1950

International numbers available: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbKllVCOn<https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbKllVCOn>

Train wreck. They need a producer, coaching, a writer, an editor, more water for Ken…and, for the love of mercy, would someone please send Ken flowers and some multivitamins? He’s working night and day, and day and night. Crisscrossing the globe chasin nickels and twisting arms. BooHoo. Fa’gedabadit. 

Can’t take it. Now, “they’re not taking fees out of the survivors’ pocket…like other professionals.” Say what? “If you don’t approve, 5-10 years of litigation” pretty much guaranteed.

I’m out…

Edited by ThenNow
8 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Train wreck. They need a producer, coaching, a writer, an editor, more water for Ken…and, for the love of mercy, would someone please send Ken flowers and some multivitamins? He’s working night and day, and day and night. Crisscrossing the globe chasin nickels and twisting arms. BooHoo. Fa’gedabadit. 

Can’t take it. Now, “they’re not taking fees out of the survivors’ pocket…like other professionals.” Say what? “If you don’t approve, 5-10 years of litigation” pretty much guaranteed.

I’m out…

Let me add, half hour and ‘answered’ 19 questions, most of which weren’t questions. No response to mine. Might be too many coming in they can’t or don’t want to answer. I was told the TCC answered 200+ in an hour. Gimme a break. This show ain’t ready for the road. Lotta dog. No pony or saddle-ready cowboys.

23 minutes ago, Muttsy said:

Any idea how many participated in the Coalition Best of Breed dog show? 

Humphrey said Thursday’s TCC TH had over 1100. 

Well, they said 2k. 19 questions to the TCC’s 200 answered? I very, very seriously doubt that. Rothweiler looked scared, rattled, unprepared and cotton-mouthed. I’m not just saying that. As a stage and production guy, it was a red hot Hot Chicken mess. Swing and a whiff. By a mile. I would like to hear from any Coalition client(s) who came away with overwhelming confidence in their counsel and advice given. Anyone? Going once…