Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

David Buchbinder is to be thanked by every single Survivor.  He just forcefully convinced the judge that EVERY survivor deserves to get the paper documents and NOT required to request the full package as the BSA wanted.  Shame on the BSA after ALL the expenses it has incurred to suggest that the SINGLE most piece of information for survivors would be too expensive to do.

Just now, MYCVAStory said:

David Buchbinder is to be thanked by every single Survivor.  He just forcefully convinced the judge that EVERY survivor deserves to get the paper documents and NOT required to request the full package as the BSA wanted.  Shame on the BSA after ALL the expenses it has incurred to suggest that the SINGLE most piece of information for survivors would be too expensive to do.

I should have added that this is the US Trustee.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

Tanc pointing out the same issue: having the $3500/limited payout folks hold the overwhelming number of votes and having them swamp/overwhelm all the other victims could be a manipulation of the vote. He's quoting case law.

This gets to their objection: that BSA's offering $3500 to get the votes for their plan as a bribe, or effectively a bribe. He's trashing the Coalition.

Edited by CynicalScouter

Tanc making the case for no master ballot: send 82,500 ballots to 82,500 people individually. Bypass the Coalition lawyers. OR provide specific proof that the claimants gave up the right to vote their ballots to their lawyers.

The lawyer retention agreements do NOT authorize the lawyers to vote the claims, or at least the ones seen don't.

Edited by CynicalScouter

Coalition trying to have the Speklin and other evidence showing forgery/aggregators as "not relevant": many of the signatures of lawyers are now claimant signatures. He also is NOT opposing Kosnoff. Also the evidence is "Stale" and "Dated".

Edited by CynicalScouter
2 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

If you vote yes, I can buy that vacation home in Cabo and you can afford a partial year of therapy.  If you vote no, I'll have to work more on this project and my wall street backers may increase my interest rate.  Please vote yes.  I think I heard a yes.  Ok, then, we agree ... yes.  Thanks!

Yeah ... good luck controlling the vote if the Coalition lawyers get the ballots.  As much as I love the BSA and I think this deal works out well for them, I really dislike the Coalition lawyers.  Those few hours I spent listening to court was enough to see who they represent.  BSA lawyers are great ... they represent BSA well.  The insurance lawyers are great defenders of their employer (one reminds me a a mob lawyer, but that's fine.)  The TCC lawyers ... also well spoken, clearly defending their position.  The claimant lawyers who are sex abuse lawyers have been stellar ... frequently objecting, telling us why it doesn't represent their client interests.  The one time I heard from the Coalition lawyer it was about themselves more than their clients.  It made me sick thinking that there is a group of people in this process so poorly represented.  It also makes me concerned, as a BSA supporter, that this could end bad ... because a group is so poorly represented.  I would rather have all sides represented well as the outcome is less likely to be appealed and when the plan is approved we are done.  I'm not convinced we are headed to that resolution.

Yes, and this is the reason I terminated my relationship with the Coalition. It took me a little while to figure out why they got involved...FOR THEMSELVES. They are using the BSA BK to make a quick buck. I hope Justice Silverstein again denies their outrageous attorney fees. 

Edited by BadChannel70
grammer

The judge is going to delay the issue of forged signatures until confirmation. "We don't know".  IF the forged claims influence or impact the vote, then we can go look at them. And parties can get discovery about this now including certification of Coalition lawyers, so be it. But for right now, let's wait to see what the vote comes in at.

47 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

The parties should be able to develop a mechanism where claimants can "opt-out" of a home mailing.  Might make some attorneys actually speak to their clients.

I have been getting mail from OMNI regarding the status of the BK to my home address for a while. I think the cat may be out of bag if a claimant was trying to conceal their involvement in the BSA BK. Has any survivor on here received snail from OMNI to their home address?

Another item the judge is saying: even if these are forged, that does NOT allow them to be disallowed. The claimants would get a chance to amend.

What happens to the claimant who has a valid claim but their lawyer did the forging?

The issue of voting, disenfranchising claimants because their lawyers forged? No.

She is now going to allow Century to (try) to depose the Coalition lawyers and others. If they object, they can ask the court for a protective order.

Edited by CynicalScouter