Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

12 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Lauria's argument is basically the objectors (TCC, etc.) will never be satisfied, so let's get on with it.

Well, between that argument and the fact that a mediator didn't sign the last mediation report it tells you a lot about how well mediation went and how the Coalition and BSA have become strange bedfellows.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

Well, between that argument and the fact that a mediator didn't sign the last mediation report it tells you a lot about how well mediation went and how the Coalition and BSA have become strange bedfellows.

The last time Finn didn't sign a mediator's report, there was a note as to why "Due to a previously scheduled conflict, Mr. Paul A. Finn was unable to attend today’s mediation sessions."

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/5f6aab30-8bb9-4ec6-870b-f4acfbf4e412_5284.pdf

The fact that Finn did NOT have that footnote put in speaks volumes.

• Upvote 2
Just now, CynicalScouter said:

Stang: The BSA ice cube may be melting, but the Local Councils are GROWING. This is a reference to the fact that many councils have MORE money than they did thanks to endowments growing due to the stock market.

It sounds like that will be a upcoming focus of discussion by the TCC.

• Upvote 1

Judge: Two hours into this hearing. We need to start working on disclosure statement issues. Sensitive to timing of the filing of the documents and the time frame attorneys have had to review the documents. But, we need to start on the many objections already filed to find out what is remaining to 4th plan and then work on the objections to 5th plan. People have clearly read the documents. More information is not always best, we need salient information. I don't think adding more information is going to be the end of the information gathering. So we need to get to discovery.

Motion to delay 2 weeks denied.

• Upvote 1

Discovery must start and that can only start if she starts hearing on the plan.  She doesn't see a benefit in a delay.  More info isn't always better.  She has some questions about the plan that she hopes to get answered this week.  Another couple of weeks simply push this off, discussions must start now.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CynicalScouter said:

Lauria says that attorneys representing 81.3% of abuse claimants now approve the new Hartford plan.

That does NOT mean 81.3% of abuse claimants approve it of course.

Can lawyers submit the votes for the clients they represent?  Or do they need signatures of the actual clients?  

... and on a sarcastic note ... what if hundreds / thousands of those signatures all happen in a few minutes right before the deadline and are mailed from the same place?  So that should be acceptable to preserve clients rights against a deadline right?