18 Year Old Adult - YPT

44 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

There are people running around who were the result of a BSA campout. I've wondered if that was the reason behind restricting scouts from camping without adults.

Several years ago we hosted a Swiss exchange student for several months who was a Scout (Pfadi). He told us that there was a Swiss Scout summer camp in which over 150 pregnancies resulted.  I thought that was a Swiss myth until he showed me the link to the newspaper article.  Needless to say, the Swiss Pfadi organization made multiple changes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. Yes.    Yes.  The guys at national are idiots.

As mentioned before in this thread, allow 18 year old seniors to be registered as youth.   While that doesn't help 19 or 20 year olds, it addresses the biggest issue. I would have the rule be for

One problem with intense litigation: … it discourages voluntary reporting. But, from what I’ve come to understand, it depends. Formidable predators (let’s consider the adult serial rapist) may

Posted Images

1 hour ago, johnsch322 said:

.if they are having sexual relations and it occurs on a BSA outing

NO sexual activity of ANY kind should be happening on a BSA outing regardless of age or marital status. Code of Conduct, point #6

I will not discuss or engage in any form of sexual conduct while engaged in Scouting activities.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, CynicalScouter said:

NO sexual activity of ANY kind should be happening on a BSA outing regardless of age or marital status. Code of Conduct, point #6

Although I may concur with the sentiment, it’s on par with purging the organization of atheists. You’ll never know who most of them are until they’ve done a world of good for your community’s youth.