Chapter 11 Announced - Part 5 - RSA Ruling

25 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

What if anything is to stop the TCC from posting the Berkeley Research Group Dashboards?

This I do not know. I am a lowly peon on the BSA Chapter 11 totem pole. (Can we use that phrase or has it been stamped “CANCELED”?) ;) 

5 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Thus Grand Canyon was looking at anywhere from $195 million to $874 million in liability. Again, insurance would cover some of this presumably. It is able to obtain the buy-out at $7 million.

Meh to infinity and beyond.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also was abused at home. Best thing my father ever did was leave. Scouting was my safe place, and all of the adults were positive role models who i can never thank enough. They showed me positive wa

Sir, I find your comments juvenile, vile and disgusting. You certainly disgrace the few decent people I have personally spoke with who are still trying to defend the organization as being still worth-

@David CO Sometimes, things end up being what you weren't trying to do. You may not think that your troop was a safe place, that you didn't adopt any of the scouts, and that it wasn't a big brother pr

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RandomScouter said:

Greater Hudson Valley Council will contribute $6,367,834.84 to the Victims Trust Fund

Abuse Type

Count

Base Value

Maximum

Base Totals

Maximum Totals

A

$600,000

$2,700,000

$50,400,000

$226,800,000

B

$450,000

$2,025,000

$32,400,000

$145,800,000

C

$300,000

$1,350,000

$20,100,000

$90,450,000

D

$150,000

$675,000

$11,400,000

$51,300,000

E

$75,000

$337,500

$600,000

$2,700,000

F

$75,000

$337,500

$525,000

$2,362,500

Unknown/Unconfirmed

??

??

Missing

??

??

TOTALS

$115,425,000

$519,412,500

Since NY is an open state, no need to adjust, but there are around 11 claims out of 322 that were considered time barred for some odd reason. Doesn't change the math much.

5 minutes ago, RandomScouter said:

To the Moderators: I posted here rather than Bankruptcy Losses because it does not list the specific camp to be sold and because LC contribution needs to go somewhere... If you feel that contribution amounts belong elsewhere, okay.

Please resist any temptation to do so. Some of us don’t excel at forum thread table tennis, bumper cars or pinball. 

20 minutes ago, RandomScouter said:

Greater Hudson Valley Council will contribute $6,367,834.84 to the Victims Trust Fund which will be used to compensate anyone that was victimized in the past.

Just FYI Greater Hudson Valley had already put 3 camps on the market, but they are valued at over $19 million.

This gets at a large issue: that some of these camps are being sold for bankruptcy, and some are being sold because they just can NOT be sustained with the number of scouts having collapsed.

Edited by CynicalScouter
9 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

they just can NOT be sustained with the number of scouts having collapsed.

Was there a mysterious outbreak of fainting spells, hiking exhaustion and/or too much tent-contained flatulence that lead to this crisis?

Just now, ThenNow said:

Was there a mysterious outbreak of fainting spells, hiking exhaustion and/or too much tent-contained flatulence that lead to this crisis?

Changing membership policies, sponsor orgs pulling out, rising fees, bad press due to sexual abuse, general decline in civic involvement, then COVID. 

36 minutes ago, ThenNow said:
47 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

the number of scouts having collapsed.

33 minutes ago, Sentinel947 said:

Changing membership policies, sponsor orgs pulling out, rising fees, bad press due to sexual abuse, general decline in civic involvement, then COVID. 

That was today’s (apparently bombed) comedic moment. One of them, anyway. I offer no equitable compensation in the event that commitment is breached. 

Edited by ThenNow

Got an email from someone on my council. List of ALL council contributions will be released/come out from under the NDA this afternoon. That doesn't mean all councils will release everyone (e.g. my council will release our number, but no one else's) but they will be able to release their own.

Edited by CynicalScouter
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Got an email from someone on my council. List of ALL council contributions will be released/come out from under the NDA this afternoon. That doesn't mean all councils will release everyone (e.g. my council will release our number, but no one else's) but they will be able to release their own.

My bet is the big reveal is going to cause irritation not unlike mine. Have all LCs been aware of the contributions by all others? Will the non-mediation firms will be seeing these for the first time? As far as I know, the members of the TCC are the only victim claimants who’ve been privy. Fair assumptions? 

Edited by ThenNow
1 minute ago, ThenNow said:

Have all LCs been aware of the contributions by all others?

Unknown. I could see on the one had BSA and the Ad Hoc Committee of LCs sending out a massive spreadsheet with everyone OR I could imagine they may have sent out 250+ separate numbers. There's no way of knowing.

4 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

My bet is the big reveal is going to cause irritation not unlike mine.

Here's the other thing: all I know is it will be a number and a council. I doubt it will include ANY context whatsoever including but not limited to:

1. How that number relates to the amount of council assets a) as defined by the council/BSA and b) as defined by the TCC and their experts? As noted, $7 million from Grand Canyon is a LOT different than $3 million from Great Lakes.
  2. How that number relates to number of claims (both time-barred and not)? Again, $7 million from Grand Canyon (497 claims, 475 not time-barred) is a LOT different than $3 million from Great Lakes (155 claims, only 5 not time-barred)

Etc.

51 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Hmm, must mean the sum of council contributions are in the neighborhood of $650m?

So, regarding National insurance policies under which the CO's were allegedly insureds, would that coverage also extend to adult leaders in the unit chartered by that CO?

Adult Scouter A attends a Troop campout.  An incident of abuse occurs on that campout.  Adult Scouter A has no knowledge of or involvement with the abuse.  Later, a claim (lawsuit)  is filed against National, LC, CO, and Adult Scouter A.

Is Adult Scouter A afforded insurance coverage to defend and indemnity for any damages under National's policies, or is Adult Scouter A uninsured and on his/her own?

Has Adult Scouter A ALWAYS been uninsured?

And then, if National's coverage does insure Adult Scouter A, does National's Plan, vis-a-vis terminating insurance coverage for the CO's, also terminate coverage for Adult Scouter A?

16 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

Hmm, must mean the sum of council contributions are in the neighborhood of $650m?

I would assume otherwise a big mess when people do the math and it doesn't = $650m. Actually, technically think it is suppose to equal $550m and there's a note/loan that will be issued for $100m.

• Upvote 2