42 minutes ago, qwazse said:

I don’t know the brand, but I have been using it for the past two years with absolutely no regrets.

Check under your bed and let me know, if you would please. I figure either that or you use it as a pillow. ;) 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As for footwear, find an outdoor shop with lots and lots of options. Feet are all different and so are shoes. What fits me might not fit you. If they only have a few options in your size then look els

As others have said, what fits me won't fit you, necessarily. Topo Terraventure and Altra Lone Peaks are good options for hiking due to their wide toe boxes. This can greatly reduce blisters. If

lion DL’s need to up their game https://text.npr.org/1030924211  

On 2/26/2022 at 9:02 PM, qwazse said:

World Jambo US contingent issued Osprey day packs. My scouts love them, and it seemed that half the scouts from the rest of the world did too and would try to broker trades for them. Me … not so much. The side pockets weren’t deep enough for a standard water bottle. I had to attach a shock chord to keep from losing mine. I eventually traded with a young Spanish staff (after making sure his pack’s side pockets were sufficiently deep). I don’t know the brand, but I have been using it for the past two years with absolutely no regrets.

This is another reason I use Smartwater bottles instead of Nalgenes. They're not just lighter and cheaper, I can fit 2 in my backpack side pocket as opposed to just 1 Nalgene.

1 hour ago, 69RoadRunner said:

This is another reason I use Smartwater bottles instead of Nalgenes. They're not just lighter and cheaper, I can fit 2 in my backpack side pocket as opposed to just 1 Nalgene.

@69RoadRunner those Jambo Osprey Hikelitem26s were wierd. It wasn’t the width, but the height that I found problematic. A Smartwater bottle would be even more prone to rolling out, I think. Never experienced that with other packs.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

"As America has transformed, so, too, has the A.T. — changes that have inspired resistance, ridicule and relief. Originally 2,050 miles, it is now almost 2,200 miles. And it continues to get longer."

Yes longer...but that seems true of all old trails I hike these days ...longer and uphill. :D

"Some have proposed extending the A.T. from Maine into Canada by adding New Brunswick and Quebec — a path already known as the “International Appalachian Trail” — and perhaps going even farther."

In the link below, there is a cool northward scrolling trail map starting at the southern terminus and ending at the northern terminus. Showing current trail and previous routes. Explanations for route changes - real estate development, greener spaces/better trails, moonshiners, smell (chickens), Superfund sites(:mad:)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/interactive/2023/appalachian-trail-length-route-changes/

Edited by RememberSchiff