I was an Explorer Post Advisor for 20 years and am not surprised that our young ladies are doing well. When a girl joined our post, with very few exceptions,  they became fully engaged and within 3 years rose to the rank of Post Captain.  I expect we will see a lot of exceptional echievement in the future from our girls.

I'm not surprised that our young ladies are doing well. I was the Advisor of an Explorer Post for 20 years. Whenever a girl joined the Post, with very few exceptions, they became fully engaged and within three years rose to the rank of Explorer Captain.  I expect to see the girls excell and achieve a high level of success.

Some of the folks earning MBs were averaging 7.5 MBs per week. I call foul. Even an SM of a girls troop who has girls advancing faster than the affiliated boys troop he was SM of is calling foul on that.

The one person I personally know that earned every single MB took him 7 years to do. He got his last MB right before turning 18. The young man then went on to complete the Hornaday Award as a Venturer. 

Forgot to add that I believe it is possible to earn Eagle in 19 months. I have seen some outstanding youth, male and female, do so. It took a lot of work and determination to do it and I applaud them.

Edited by Eagle94-A1
  • Upvote 1