AOL Required Adventures

The new Guide to Advancement 2021 has a line...

Adventures required for the Arrow of Light rank must wait until the Webelos rank has been earned. 

However, the World Conservation Award for Webelos / AOL (same requirements for both) has a Building a Better World as a requirement.  Does this mean Webelos can not ear the World Conservation Award with the new rule? 

Apparently yes, Webelos 1s can no longer earn it due to the new rule. 

Don't get me started on this nonsense. Webelos is suppose to be a transition period, getting Cub Scouts ready for Scouts BSA. In Scouts BSA, you can advance to Star and Life only using Eagle required MBs. Why can't Webelos? Also if you want to prepare them for Scouts BSA, the sooner the better. Waiting until they are in 5th grade for them to earn Scouting Adventure is too late. 

Edited by Eagle94-A1

And therefore won't be able to record it. 

Not that SCOUTBOOK  / Internet advancement is accurste. Reviewing my records today, and of course 30+ years are missing. Heck it is still not showing i am an Eagle.

5 hours ago, CynicalScouter said:

Right that will be the key: you won’t be able to enter into SB if it violates Guide to Advancement

You are assuming the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.  :)

Edited by 5thGenTexan
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, 5thGenTexan said:

You are assuming the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.  :)

Why should I be surprised. Risk Management folks STILL are lying about "Dodgeball has never been an approved BSA activity," even after I cited multiple references to Dodgeball in BSA literature dating to 1929 AND  screen captured a SCOUTING.ORG webpage showing it is an approved game even after the ban (they quickly took it down).

Why do I feel like I am in 1984?

12 hours ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

And therefore won't be able to record it. 

Not that SCOUTBOOK  / Internet advancement is accurste. Reviewing my records today, and of course 30+ years are missing. Heck it is still not showing i am an Eagle.

SB does not reflect everything in ScoutNET that they have on you...call your registrar and ask for your record.  One problem also was, in the past, the lack of record transfers when moving from council to council.  Lots of stuff was lost.

1 hour ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

SB does not reflect everything in ScoutNET that they have on you...call your registrar and ask for your record.  One problem also was, in the past, the lack of record transfers when moving from council to council.  Lots of stuff was lost.

Don't I know it. I was promised that the situation would be solved back in 1998 with SCOUTNET 2000.

• Haha 1

I spent 30 minutes this morning speaking with our VERY nice and VERY informed Council Advancement Chair.  I am backed up at the Council level to proceed with my plan to work on the World Conservation Award with our Webelos and AOL Scouts.  We are not taking anything away from requirements, we are not doing anything dangerous, and we are helping Scouts earn an extra award beyond that just for rank advancement,  

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

For your easy reference...

They changed the cover in the last week! Someone pointed out in their fancy graphic they had the old diamond Webelos badge. Looks like they deleted that and added one done in Word!

• Haha 1