Chapter 11 Announced - Part 4 Revised Plan

57 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

And that is the problem: the judge is not going to let a party represented by counsel make a statement to the court (generally).

If Stang had asked for 2 minutes he would have gotten it.

Yes, generally. What I’m saying is, as I understood him, it was agreed to in advance, including by the court. 

PS - As we know, hearing from “one of us” has dramatically different and greater impact than one of the professionals who is not a BSA sexual abuse survivor. 

Edited by ThenNow
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@CynicalScouter Thanks from me and frankly, surely everyone, for tracking on the status of National's bankruptcy pleadings, and the procedural steps, past and pending, in the Bankruptcy case. And your

Okay. Enough. If you aren't talking about court proceedings then drop it.  It would be a shame to lock this thread now.

A few random observations from watching this bankruptcy unfold over the past several months: The focus has clearly been on protecting the national organization first and then the local councils.

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

she seemed to quickly gloss over the process question on how they were calculated in addition the US Trustee says they are not legal.  I think you are correct.   

Here then is the next question. As I read it the Coalition can void the RSA if that provision is struck by the court. They don’t have to, but the can.

Would they?

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/1d5f346b-47b8-43d3-b4cf-4a0393aa8256_5466.pdf

Edited by CynicalScouter
1 hour ago, CynicalScouter said:

f Stang had asked for 2 minutes he would have gotten it.

It would have been good for him to do so as a balance to the grandstanding. Yes, the BSA has been around a long time and has helped so many. The other side of the coin is so many have been hurt. Too bad he didn’t take the chance to request it.  

Would they then need to balance it again by letting a cute little cub scout get up and tearfully expound on how the bankruptcy will negatively effect his participation in scouting?  

Edited by David CO
19 minutes ago, mrjohns2 said:

It would have been good for him to do so as a balance to the grandstanding. Yes, the BSA has been around a long time and has helped so many. The other side of the coin is so many have been hurt. Too bad he didn’t take the chance to request it.  

Again, he can have that as he and the TCC desire, but the point is to hear from an actual BSA victim who “represents” and can speak for the rest of us. It was so far requested and denied. Thus, I am grumpy. Well, that’s chronic, unless a joke presents itself as low hanging fruit. Also, this is sausage making on which the TCC is rightly standing back. There is nothing helpful to add to the “process and procedure” battle between the other parties. When the dust clears and the wounded taken to safety, I think they will speak substantively into the fracas. I think it could do more harm than good right now. BUT, they can and should hear from Doug. It’s the least they can (and should) do.

Edited by ThenNow
18 minutes ago, David CO said:

Would they then need to balance it again by letting a cute little cub scout get up and expound on how the bankruptcy will negatively effect his participation in scouting?  

Not at all. Devang Desai went on and on and on about his illustrious Scouting career during his testimony. I had my hand raised the ENTIRE time he was giving that unnecessary and, quite frankly, borderline nauseating prelude. I matched or exceeded his accomplishments, other than being on the NEB and the BTF and the BLT. No one asked me to share. I say again, Mr. B commemorates. The judge worries out loud about the umpteen active Scouts. Desai drones on and on about the glories of Scouting. As to hearing from the victims in open court? Crickets...it ain’t right.

PS - Devang is plenty cute anyway. No uniform, but apparently they just forgot about the power of wardrobe and costuming. 

Edited by ThenNow
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, David CO said:

Would they then need to balance it again by letting a cute little cub scout get up and tearfully expound on how the bankruptcy will negatively effect his participation in scouting?  

I would be perfectly fine if a cute little Cub Scout got up and tearfully asked the court that thru this bankruptcy he would never be harmed in the way that all the abused have been. To ensure that every safeguard was put into place so the future within BSA is a safe place for him and all his fellow scouters. 

• Upvote 2
On 8/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, CynicalScouter said:

I'm going to take the language from one such lawsuit and delete the name of the abusive scoutmaster to show the point

May I please get a link to the pdf of this complaint? I would be most grateful and “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a pdf today.” Old guys, name that character. :) 

After a long day doing maintenance at my council's only camp, I arrived home to an email from the sister of my best high school friend, advising that he had passed away on Wednesday last.

He is the scout I described elsewhere as having been abused by a scout leader, but not willing to file a claim.  And abused by Christian Brothers teaching at his high school, AND by the staff at an institution he was sent  to for therapy for the previous abuse.

It is through him that I see the effects of BSA sexual abuse on the lives of CHILDREN.

Our high school years of camping in rain, snow, freezing weather, as companions and good friends they must have been seen and welcomed by him as a "return to normal."

But I had no clue that he had been abused until just a few years ago.  We were in high school together in 1970 or so.

He had kept his secret even from me for over 40 years.

Just 2 years ago, or so, he told me that he felt that he was closest to me of anyone.

So, is it plausible that the abused keep their secrets for decades.  No doubt.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
10 hours ago, ThenNow said:

May I please get a link to the pdf of this complaint? I would be most grateful and “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a pdf today.” Old guys, name that character. :) 

Wimpy from Popeye!

Proud to be an old guy!!!!!!

• Like 1
On 8/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, ThenNow said:

Court:    Onondaga Supreme Court
Index Number:    006947/2021
Case Name:    DOE, JMAEOC vs. Longhouse Council, Inc., Boy Scouts of America et al
Case Type:    Tort-Child Victims Act

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=Iy3Ryoz50KwQ_PLUS_akQvOJ4ig==&system=prod

Please note that while the plaintiff is a using a fictitious name for privacy reasons (Jmaeoc Doe) the abusive Scoutmaster is named and, per mod policy (which I 100% agree with) I changed the scoutmaster's name to be ABUSIVE SCOUTMASTER however he is named in that court document.

Edited by CynicalScouter

A couple of developments in the case...

1. I thought I had posted the first half of this one before, but can't find it. A creditor committee in the bankruptcy of the Archbishop of Agaña (a Catholic diocese in Guam; filed for bankruptcy in January 2019) had filed a joinder to the TCC's objection to the Disclosure Statement.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/8705b18d-18f3-4edd-aaaf-e1638ffaddc5_4321.pdf

Then the Archdiocese itself filed a joinder to an objection to the RSA.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/dbd1e21b-96ba-40eb-91d4-6996dca609aa_5690.pdf

Now the RC Diocese of Norwich, Connecticut, which filed for bankruptcy in July 2021, has filed an appearance and a joinder to an objection to the RSA.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/9b07179e-ab94-4d17-a676-2bfbd391fc6e_5980.pdf

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/02fefa23-23e1-41a4-b698-2ac2826cf34f_5970.pdf

2. AVA Law Group has dropped Kosnoff's lawyer (David Wilks) and retained new counsel to represent them (Christopher Simon and Kevin Mann).

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/9dad98c0-9b5e-410f-bb72-7757568243a0_6001.pdf