Has anyone successfully registered with the GTFA web site and put any of your service projects in? I'm completely flummoxed that something that should be so simple could be so complicated.

The registration process, necessary to enter projects, requires filling in information similar to buying something online. One of the things they ask for is a "unit ID". Not unit number, that's the next field. I had no idea what my unit ID was, so I called the council service center. They gave me a 9-digit number that doesn't contain my council or unit number anywhere in it. Okay, whatever. So I poke this number into the web site, and it doesn't recognize it. Council was already closed by that time, so I gotta try them back again today.

I'm all for tallying the efforts we're putting in with our projects, but my fun meter's almost pegged on this one...

KS

KS, this should be easy, but on other message boards, I've read of people struggling with it. I've logged this unit on, and I've now entered several projects with no problems. Without the unique Unit ID assigned to you by council, you cannot log on, so do follow up. It is the DE who provided each unit in this district a card with the district name, Unit ID #, unit number, unit name and location. That is what I used to log in. If you have not asked for a specific number, ask for the "Unit ID" for your unit. Good luck. Once in the system, it's quick and easy to use.

One thing that I noticed when I entered our troop was that the unit number needed to be a four digit number. We are Troop 100, but the unit number had to be entered as "0100" in order for it to work.

Depending on your troop number, that might be the problem.

Laurie's right, however, that once you get into the site and registered, it's very easy to enter your information.

MTD