There’s still hope for us for GS/USA cookie gluttons: https://text.npr.org/1006373856

… Girl Scouts of the USA did forecast lower sales this year due to the pandemic. But coronavirus restrictions were constantly shifting, and the cookie orders placed by its 111 local councils with bakers last fall were still too optimistic. 

By early spring, when troops usually set up booths to sell cookies in person, U.S. coronavirus cases were still near their peak. Hundreds of girls opted not to sell cookies in person. Online sales and even a delivery partnership with Grubhub failed to make up the difference.

As a result, around 15 million boxes of cookies were left over as the cookie season wound down. Most — around 12 million boxes — remain with the two bakers, Louisville, Kentucky-based Little Brownie Bakers and Brownsburg, Indiana-based ABC Bakers. Another 3 million boxes are in the hands of the Girl Scout councils, which are scrambling to sell or donate them. The cookies have a 12-month shelf life. …

44 minutes ago, qwazse said:

There’s still hope for us for GS/USA cookie gluttons: https://text.npr.org/1006373856

Makes sense, we typical look for a GS in our neighborhood and purchase A LOT of cookies from her. They were nowhere to be seen this year. Out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

I need to remind my wife about the 12 month shelf life because we are still nibbling on last years batch. Or are they year before? :unsure:

Barry

Edited by Eagledad

We freeze ours and they seem to last pretty well.

While GSUSA states girls sell their cookies, my past experience is that parents sell A LOT of cookies in the office.  I can't tell you how many flyers I see from parents.  With many working at home, I'm sure those office sales dropped way off.  

My daughter sold hers online but didn't go door to door so sales were down.  I like what our BSA council did for popcorn.  They created door hangers to allow Cub Scouts to go door to door without interfacing with adults and thus, avoiding the Covid risk.  Then people could call/contact the scout to place their orders.  It sounds like it worked well for the Packs who participated.

• Like 1