New groupings in the new Service Territories

Has anyone seen any info on the make-up of new groupings in the new Service Territories?  It does away with the current Regions-Area-Section so just curious what the new breakdown will look like.

Lodges will be scrambling to set up new Conclave schedules.  

17 hours ago, RememberSchiff said:

For those who like org charts and job descriptions:

This just reminds me of the org charts I used to see when nobody really had any good ideas - just shuffle and hope. It's sort of vision lite: we kinda know what the problems are but we really have no ideas on how to solve them. If national really had ideas then wouldn't this be reflected in the organization? 

Not only that but this reeks of matrix management. Since our council's membership has been dropping will our council membership lead be replaced? If, more likely, all the council memberships have been dropping is it time to admit the territory membership lead hasn't a clue? This reminds me of the plan that said membership would drop again this year but would then start going up, for the first time in 50 some years? 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, MattR said:

This reminds me of the plan that said membership would drop again this year but would then start going up, for the first time in 50 some years? 

Right, the assumption there is that the bankruptcy + LDS leaving + COVID has caused an "artificial" decline in membership and that, once those are eliminated AND the new BSA branding(tm) is released, all will be well again. And oh yeah, there will be a flood of new girls.

These are the projections (assuming a global settlement)

2021 = 1,050,000

2022 = 994,000

2023 = 978,000

2024 = 984,000

2025 = 1,011,000

One thing I will say that was emphasized over and over at the NAM sessions was reaching out to NEW parents/those who had NEVER heard of BSA or were even aware of BSA. That tells me that those a) who were in the program or b) are aware of BSA have negative views.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/213bd53f-b44f-45c9-97fc-246bcb7ca06b_4108.pdf

Membership Levels – Membership levels are assumed to decrease in 2021 by 13%, primarily due to the impact of COVID-19 on programing, but are forecasted to stabilize between 2023 to 2024 and achieve modest growth in 2024 and 2025 driven by the following factors:

• Adjustments to programming and operations to account for reduced membership, including the departure of Scouts affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
  • Channeling all Abuse Claims to the Settlement Trust, which will remove a significant impediment to the Debtors’ continued operational success.
  • Broadening program access for girls and young women, thus potentially doubling total potential participants in Cubs Scouts and Scouts BSA age groups.
  • Reimaging public relations campaign to bolster positive visibility and move the organization past bankruptcy, which can generate new interest in Scouting and generate increased donations.
  • Improving the organization’s online registration system.
  • Improving the rechartering system for Local Councils and Chartered Organizations.
  • Expanding delivery methods that make it easier for individuals who might not have access to a local Scouting unit to participate through lone Cub Scouting and increasing these Scouts’ virtual experience.
  • Gradual restoration of Local Council resources / refocus on membership growth.
17 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Right, the assumption there is that the bankruptcy + LDS leaving + COVID has caused an "artificial" decline in membership and that, once those are eliminated AND the new BSA branding(tm) is released, all will be well again. And oh yeah, there will be a flood of new girls.

These are the projections (assuming a global settlement)

2021 = 1,050,000

2022 = 994,000

2023 = 978,000

2024 = 984,000

2025 = 1,011,000

One thing I will say that was emphasized over and over at the NAM sessions was reaching out to NEW parents/those who had NEVER heard of BSA or were even aware of BSA. That tells me that those a) who were in the program or b) are aware of BSA have negative views.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/213bd53f-b44f-45c9-97fc-246bcb7ca06b_4108.pdf

Membership Levels – Membership levels are assumed to decrease in 2021 by 13%, primarily due to the impact of COVID-19 on programing, but are forecasted to stabilize between 2023 to 2024 and achieve modest growth in 2024 and 2025 driven by the following factors:

• Adjustments to programming and operations to account for reduced membership, including the departure of Scouts affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
  • Channeling all Abuse Claims to the Settlement Trust, which will remove a significant impediment to the Debtors’ continued operational success.
  • Broadening program access for girls and young women, thus potentially doubling total potential participants in Cubs Scouts and Scouts BSA age groups.
  • Reimaging public relations campaign to bolster positive visibility and move the organization past bankruptcy, which can generate new interest in Scouting and generate increased donations.
  • Improving the organization’s online registration system.
  • Improving the rechartering system for Local Councils and Chartered Organizations.
  • Expanding delivery methods that make it easier for individuals who might not have access to a local Scouting unit to participate through lone Cub Scouting and increasing these Scouts’ virtual experience.
  • Gradual restoration of Local Council resources / refocus on membership growth.

Nowhere in this list do they address the volunteer problem for one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What I am being told is that realignment of Lodges is still to be voted on by National OA at the end of July, but that any such realignment will be held off until after NOAC next year.

Anyone know?

4 hours ago, sri_oa161 said:

What I am being told is that realignment of Lodges is still to be voted on by National OA at the end of July, but that any such realignment will be held off until after NOAC next year.

Anyone know?

That is the word on the street in Discord. I keep mentioning that the Areas that OA Sections are based on are gone. As are the Regions - the OA has Region Chiefs. I keep getting told TBD and IF the OA adopts the new structure. I said they should use the new NSTs and divide them into sections. Case closed.