Local Event Listings

Hello,,

I have a small history with being in BSA. I was a Cub Scout and enjoyed my experience with that. Now, I work at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA and produce out Scout Days. My question is what is the best avenue to promote local events? I have attached a flyer with the information for our discounted days on 6/13 and 6/19. It would be great to spread the word to the LA and OC areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

2021 Scout Day Flyer -CF.pdf

While it won’t hit everyone, I would reach out to the Scout Districts that are close to you (not sure what the district structure is in the relevant Council) to mention the event in the announcements at their monthly Roundtable.  Whether that will be effective for June events will depend when in the month Roundtable is held though.  Not all troops have someone go to Roundtable, but we do in our area and have gone places and done activities based on ideas that came from there.  

(While we aren’t on your side of the country, my family lived out there for a while and loved your aquarium very much — my daughter had multiple “grandpa-granddaughter days” there.)

Do a search on "bsa scout council Los Angeles or OC" and find their websites.. Councils are broken into districts and the council website should have calendars and contacts for the districts.

Good luck. Sounds fun

Thank you for the suggestion. I've been reaching out to the contacts I've found for the local districts and councils. I've already received some responses so that is great. I hope everyone has a good time. 

Yep. All the above. Councils usually have a "Scout Digest" or some such newsletter. Each District , if they are fortunate, will have an eNews of some sort.   And the local facebook pages.....    

And by the way, where are your new clear wessels?