Michigan Scouts in British Music Video

This past August, six of our senior scouts and two leaders toured London England. Comming out of St. Paul's Cathedral, they "found" themselves in a music video, and the rest is history. To view it, simply surf over to

http://www.aatw.com

scroll down to the "Coming Soon" section,

click on the green cover "Oops Upside Your Head",

select "Watch the Video"

No, you don't have to pull out a magnifying glass to spot them in the crowd scenes, they have four scenes all to themselves.

Fred

http://troop_477.tripod.com

I remember that song from the 70s. I remember chanting it at basketball games in High School. Now it's a modern dance hit. Go figure.

I think it's cool that you guys got to do it. Are you one of them in the video? Some detractors may ask ifyou have permission from the BSA to do this. Also, did you know that the song would be appropriate? I could just see some performers using it in an inappropriate video to make fun of scouts.

Well, cor blimey mate 'hats a bit or right. Them Brussels sprouts will a honky dory to tell their china plates when they get back to their mickey mouse, them garden gates ain't ever Adam and eve they gone got in dolly mixtures

yeah the titfer for tats butchers hook robin hood

Translation:

Well Lord Blind me friend, thats very good. The Boy Scouts will have a story to tell their mates when they get back to their house, their mates will never believe they went and got in pictures.

Yes the hats look good.

Of course a true cockney only uses half of the two words that rhyme.

Eamonn

Of course for the Scouting scholars:

Non curo Si metrum non habet,est poema

Vinse saltare? Viam Latam Fungosam scio.

To answer your questions:

1. Sorry to say I was not in the video (or the country.) Taking 10 of my 15 vacation days for a London trip with the scouts would have landed me in the doghouse for an extended stay!

2. Yes, despite assurances as to the type of video DJ Casper was creating, later on the scouts realised that they did take a chance on how they would be portrayed in the final video. Each of them also signed a waiver. Now if the singer were someone like Marilyn Manson, not only would they have said "NO!", they probably would have run away!

3. Without going into too much discussion (after all we have the Uniforms forum for that)

Beret (ber'ay) - a hat that:

A. doesn't protect your skin on sunny days,

B. doesn't shield your face on ranny days,

C. doesn't absorb sweat on hot days,

D. doesn't keep your ears warm on cold days.

But, by gosh, put them on 50 scouts standing at attention at a flag raising, and you have an awe inspiring sight!

Some of us "middle aged" scouters wear our originals from the 70's. The rest we buy new (check the back pages of Scouting magazine). Our council store stocks a fleur-de-lis applique (BSA item B00100) which is stitched to the front. We present them to the cubs at crossover. NOTE - even though we are a 100% full uniformed troop, since we are wearing non-BSA hats, were not really 100% uniformed.

4. Our troop is located in Dexter Michigan.

Fred

troop_477.tripod.com