Hello!  Greetings from The Northeast Region (well, for as long as we continue to have regions...)  I've been lurking - and thinking about posting - for close to a decade.  (I feel like I've gotten to know some you of as well as Scouters I would talk to at Roundtables.)  I've gotten great information and perspectives from people here. 

I'm not great at putting myself in front and saying, "Hey everyone! Look at me!" - unless I'm in uniform and they need someone to lead a song or skit!

I have kids in the program, including boys who chose different troops.  I've served as Den Leader, committee member in Packs & Troops, and recently, most of my scouting work was at the District level. 

When everything went into lock-down mode last year due to COVID, my scouting just stopped.  It's been very difficult to get back into it - my kids are back to in-person meetings but all of my meetings are still virtual.  I miss spending time with my fellow scouters, I miss the "after meetings" (hanging out in the parking lot and talking and talking and talking about scouting).  I used to feel like I was involved and able to help other Scouters support the scouts... and I sincerely hope to feel that way again.

Thanks for taking the time to read.  Maybe I'll actually start sharing my thoughts, questions, and comments.

Yours in Scouting,

(just a) Random Scouter

• Upvote 1

Virtual coffee is rather tasteless.... Best to provide your own....

Bur seriously, welcome friend..  The virtual logs around our e-campfire are fairly comfortable....

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, RandomScouter said:

(just a) Random Scouter

There's no such thing as "(just a) random Scouter." Every contribution matters, and we are more than happy to welcome yours here. Thanks for saying hi; I look forward to learning from your comments and insights soon! 😉