Chapter 11 announced - Part 3 - BSA's Toggle Plan

18 minutes ago, Muttsy said:

Representative Speier has expressed interest in using her perch as a senior member of the House Oversight Committee to investigate BSA. See her Open letter to colleagues attached. 

I don't hold much faith in politicians but at least she is making the right sounds. 

SIGN ON_ Speier Letter to Boy Scouts of America re Reports of Child Sexual Abuse – DearColleague.us.pdf 61.5 kB · 12 downloads

That was two years ago and Surbaugh is gone. I think her focus is now elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forums work well in many ways, but it is probably not the best way to discuss the difficult feelings of this bankruptcy while also discussing the impact to child sex abuse survivors.  However, there a

The mental fallout from my abuse was mostly dormant prior to the current lawsuit. It would still torment me in idle moments. Or at night sometimes when I lay in bed trying not to blame myself after so

I would like to not lock the thread but we seem to be in a rut that we need to get out of before any progress can be made. Here are some observations that might help. First, human dignity is the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Muttsy said:

Representative Speier has expressed interest in using her perch as a senior member of the House Oversight Committee to investigate BSA. See her Open letter to colleagues attached. 

Edited by ThenNow
Video removed as it does not pertain to the subject, as per forum standards
1 hour ago, RememberSchiff said:

That was two years ago and Surbaugh is gone. I think her focus is now elsewhere.

Oops! I take it all back...

Enjoy the video in any event. Ha. I'll be surprised if anyone joins me on that score.

19 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Oops! I take it all back...

I beat you to it. Per forum rules, posting media that has nothing to do with the topic will be removed.

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, MattR said:

I beat you to it. Per forum rules, posting media that has nothing to do with the topic will be removed.

I had no idea. My apologies. I was following what looked like a clean lead, but was a false trail. Maybe you should direct me to the rules, bitte.

I'll see if Tim Kosnoff will post it for me. JK!!

7 hours ago, ThenNow said:

I had no idea. My apologies. I was following what looked like a clean lead, but was a false trail. Maybe you should direct me to the rules, bitte.

I'll see if Tim Kosnoff will post it for me. JK!!

Try this thread, last post:

And yes, a bit hidden, so that just means lots of people get bit by this and, well, we're not angry.

This was put in because sarcasm rarely moves any discussion forward.

• Thanks 1

This is what I discussed in my earlier post about the INA-Century-Chubb restructuring. This is a very BIG deal. I distilled it but I got it mostly right. This letter contains some remarkable new information.

One, Chubb is posturing to reneg on its INA Century obligations.  If it did that it would devastate its rating and reputation.  

Two, under the restructuring policyholders approval was required but apparently never obtained from BSA  

Third, BSA or it’s assignees of the rights to the insurance policies (a post confirmation litigation trustee can sue Chubb) under the PA Ins Commissioner’s order approving the restructuring  

Hats off to Kosnoff for pointing the way months ago  

• Upvote 2
39 minutes ago, RobertCalifornia said:

When reviewing the list of BSA camp properties, I noticed that Grimes Canoe Base for Middle Tennessee Council was not listed. It was moved into a trust in June 2020.

https://assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/ParcelDetailIMPACT.aspx

There was a scuttlebutt about all of this last summer.

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/838822_1084.pdf

1 hour ago, Muttsy said:

This is a very BIG deal. I distilled it but I got it mostly right. This letter contains some remarkable new information.

You did an exceptionally good job. Yeah, it certainly appeared so. Assuming little is accomplished in the mediation sessions, perhaps they will at least flush into the light issues like this that have no hope of negotiated resolution.