Can't Sleep Well Camping

I have problems as it is falling asleep and staying asleep when camping.  I am not really sure its me or if its an equipment issue.  Meaning, I havent found what I need to get a good nights sleep yet.

Anyway, last night at camp we had to listen to this ALL NIGHT!!!  Joked about having it for breakfast.  :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, fred8033 said:

I love falling asleep and waking up to those sounds.  It's the best part of camping.  

The problem was they got started at 10:30 and didnt stop.  Still going at 6:00 am when I got up.  I think there was one right above my tent.  😂

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, 5thGenTexan said:

I have problems as it is falling asleep and staying asleep when camping.  I am not really sure its me or if its an equipment issue.  Meaning, I havent found what I need to get a good nights sleep yet.

Anyway, last night at camp we had to listen to this ALL NIGHT!!!  Joked about having it for breakfast.  :)

Resist the temptation to eat one for breakfast. Their population has declined dramatically in the past few decades. You'll be able to tell your grandkids you heard them thanks to scouting. 

41 minutes ago, MattR said:

Worst night's sleep I ever had was at a camporee in the middle of 3 train tracks. Trains went by all night long. Needless to say, we never went back.

Our camp is on a Corps of Engineers lake and so... the lake is for public use.  Its not uncommon for partiers on their pontoon boats to slide by really slowly 11:30 - midnight blasting their music.  They don't seem to mind some of their selections are not kid appropriate.  :)

6 hours ago, Cambridgeskip said:

One of the campsites my troop love going to, Phasels Wood just outside London, has a huge population of these little critters. They are properly loud at night! And to add it to it owls love eating them, so the place has a big owl population too. Doesn't make a for a peaceful nights sleep!

Ok.  I'll take birds, pontoons, etc.  My personal NO is excess mice.   They will always exist, but the tiny little bears do damage, get in tents and spread disease.  

Our troop once camped in and around a historic cabin ... read as old, creaky, broken down etc ... we could not sleep well because all night mouse traps would snap.  The next day the victims were disposed and the traps reset.  ... The place was really cool and very special ... and we chose not to return.

Edited by fred8033