Scouter liability insurance or umbrella policy

4 hours ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

Can anyone out there tell me what BSA General Liability Insurance provides for you that a personal umbrella policy does not?

A big thing for me is that I am the policy holder and not the BSA. 🙂

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, scoutldr said:

So I interpret this to mean if you willfully ignore BSA rules and policy, such as the G2SS, you are not covered.  I believe this is being discussed in another thread.

@scoutldrI revived this one because the other thread is about the SAFE checklist versus insurance.

9 minutes ago, mrjohns2 said:

A big thing for me is that I am the policy holder and not the BSA. 🙂

Have you ever, in your BSA life, seen a copy of the policy??  I haven't.  Haven't asked for one either ;)

4 minutes ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

Have you ever, in your BSA life, seen a copy of the policy??  I haven't.  Haven't asked for one either ;)

Interestingly, our new CO wants to see the policy, and we are still going through those hurdles now. It is a dark tunnel, with no light in sight.

I am actually surprised it isn't asked for more by COs, especially now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, KublaiKen said:

Interestingly, our new CO wants to see the policy, and we are still going through those hurdles now. It is a dark tunnel, with no light in sight.

I am actually surprised it isn't asked for more by COs, especially now.

IMHO, CO's should be given (or demand) a copy of insurance policy as part of chartering process.

My $0.02,

• Upvote 2
39 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

IMHO, CO's should be given (or demand) a copy of insurance policy as part of chartering process.

My $0.02,

Right? On what planet would you want to put your organization in bed with BSA right now without seeing that first?