Christian Litney for New Scout and Cub Master

We have a new scout and cub master at our church. I was wondering if there is a scouters christian litney that the pastor can say during a worship service so the church family of the sponsoring orginization can embrace and welcome the new leaders. Does anyone have any ideas?

You don't say what denomination you are, but in the Lutheran Church, and probably other Liturgical denominations, the Pastor can use the "Order for the Installation of New Officers", which can be modified on the fly to suit the particular flavor of position that is being filled (ushers, acolytes, SS teachers, scout leaders, etc). Oh, and by the way, the word is "litany".

P.S.: Welcome to the campfire! Stay awhile!(This message has been edited by scoutldr)

Isn't litney the Penn State mascot?

However you end up doing it, Chip, I think the service is a great idea. Installing the new unit "officers" before the Chartered Organization is a great way to reinforce the relationship whether your unit is chartered to a church of a Kiwanis club.

Litney is what you get when you kneel down too close to the campfire! If you're kneeling to pray that could make it a Christian lit knee?

Sorry, I have no useful suggestions.

Welcome to the forum CHIPHUTCH!