• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mar. 25, Maine — Pine Tree Council President Jack O'Toole told scouting parents this week that the council is selling Camp Gustin in Sabattus and Camp Nutter in Acton to raise money for its share of a

Camp Indian Trails JANESVILLE, Wis. (WMTV) - Camp Indian Trails will be sold to help pay for the settlement reached as the result of the organization filing bankruptcy. In a statement to NBC

I figure we can have a separate thread on a list of bankruptcy losses. This is not speculation of what could happen, but did happen/is happening.    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, David CO said:

Might be the last summer for BSA.

We told the parents in our troop to be optimistic, but that there was a pretty good chance BSA wouldn't be around into the fall. We are getting our Life-to-Eagles done ASAP in expectation of that.

3 hours ago, 1980Scouter said:

So how many people think this will be the last summer for most BSA summer camps? I feel the lawsuits will reach LC's by 2022 and will be the end for most camps.

I do not see an agreement ever passing to protect LC's from liability.

1) The lawsuits have already reached the LCs. At last count there are 870 already filed and pending and with hundreds more expected by this summer due, in part, to statute of limitations windows closing.

2) I can see how SOME LCs can. For example, an LC in a state where the statute of limitations has not been expanded to allow sexual abuse victims to sue could probably work out a deal where they pay something NOW to ensure that, if the state legislature ever does open up the look-back window, the LC is not liable because they have already settled.

But in order to do that, the LCs need to be up front NOW with what assets they have NOW and reach the deal NOW. Not wait and hope.

Edited by CynicalScouter
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eagle1993 said:

Scouting University

How was Scouting University used? They produced the online trainings there? I have also heard they did professional training there. What were the other uses? How long did it exist? Can someone explain what is being lost?

Edited by mrjohns2