District leader recognition event

7 hours ago, wearrepair said:

Again thank! Please check this -

What I believe that you told me:

1)   Select a clear, thought out date and promote the heck out of the coming event

2)   Consider combining with another regular scouting event

3)   Strive for fun & fellowship; short and simple. Involve the families or whole units

4)   Speaker, if any, relevant, focused, inspiring and engaging

5)   Presentations – short, meaningful with pictures. “You did something notable!”

Other considerations: We work for smiles. Good food, competing program, slideshow and other visuals. Breakfast? A picnic with scouts cooking the meal?  

Love your ideas.  I really like the idea of having the scouts cook.   I'm betting ... when we did ours as a picnic / pot-luck, we could have recruited scouts three / four scouts from every troop to help cook / contribute.  That would have been great. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time for a rant. This has nothing to do with how people are arguing about this topic. That part is fine. However, ... Between this thread and the eagle at 12 thread, is there any wonder that scou

We had a WB beading ceremony (??) that was done at a troop meeting.  Ran, I kid you not, 45 minutes.  I too felt like we were hostages.   Most leaders input was "and that's why I will never go to WB"

My basic formula: Subtract month's Roundtable and replace with Recognition Event Add food and drink. Add host to welcome and introduce new Scouters to others. Minimize spee