Fountain Valley teen earns top awards in both Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts

Very neat. Congrats to that young lady.

It was obvious that the article did not get proof read by any Scout leader.   She is described as being in a Scout Troop, but belongs to and is wearing a Venture Crew uni. 

Interestingly, on another Scout FBPage, the discussion was spirited, and wonder of wonders,  the Scout's GSUSA uniform came in for critique. Sonofagun, the Uniform Police have a precinct in the GSUSA.... 

2 hours ago, SSScout said:

the Scout's GSUSA uniform came in for critique. Sonofagun, the Uniform Police have a precinct in the GSUSA.... 

I am happy for her accomplishment in earning both awards.

What the paper labelled "Girl Scout uniform" is not a very standard GSUSA look.  Especially with the WOSM patch and the lack of a Girl Scout pin and WAGGGS pin.  Any chance it is the uniform of a different scout association?

When I was a kid, my (GSUSA TOFS) troop had scouts wearing GSUSA insignia and badges on uniforms of other countries . . . Japan, U.K. etc. Fortunately we did not have any uniform police.

Edited by Treflienne
1 hour ago, Treflienne said:

... What the paper labelled "Girl Scout uniform" is not a very standard GSUSA look.  Especially with the WOSM patch and the lack of a Girl Scout pin and WAGGGS pin.  Any chance it is the uniform of a different scout association?

When I was a kid, my (GSUSA TOFS) troop had scouts wearing GSUSA insignia and badges on uniforms of other countries . . . Japan, U.K. etc. Fortunately we did not have any uniform police.

There is no standard-issue shirt/trousers combo in GS/USA. This looks close to a Sea Scout uniform, but I think it's a Vietnamese girl scout uniform.  They are members of WOSM.

Here's a link to what I think is the troop's page https://chilang2279.org/

I think a scouter posted here before regarding this unit, or one very much like it. If I find that, I'll link them in.

Edited by qwazse
Added link.