I custom ordered this 46L Curve from LiteAF back in October, shortly after EVH passed. Yesterday they finished it and posted pics on Instagram. The really cool kids will get why they put a 1971 quarter on it. 

I'm going to hopefully use it in September to do the Yosemite High Route and God willing, with my troop in 2022 at Philmont. 

I had to find the EVH Frankenstrat pattern online and then enlarge it to the right size for the custom printing. 

20210122_174358.jpg

20210122_174418.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fun pattern. I'm not cool so don't get the quarter reference. How light is it? 35 lbs is on the edge for me. Bear canisters and the gear I get with BSA treks seem to put me over, or in 2019 when we had to bring winter gear for snow.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, MattR said:

Fun pattern. I'm not cool so don't get the quarter reference. How light is it? 35 lbs is on the edge for me. Bear canisters and the gear I get with BSA treks seem to put me over, or in 2019 when we had to bring winter gear for snow.

This explains the 1971 D quarter.

https://www.axetremecreations.com/product/evh-frankenstrat-1971-quarter-replica-van-halen-replica-guitar/

It should be around 30 ounces. My personal gear is light and compact. My baseweight (without bear canister) is around 11 pounds.

It's a framed pack, so it should handle anything I throw at it. Philgear and Philfood bulk was a greater issue than weight when we went in 2018.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SSScout said:

Oh. gee, I'm sorry you spent so much money on a custom backpack and then had to use so much duct tape on it.  Oh, wait....

Well, electrical tape, but... :)

I found a file with the frankenstrat pattern and used image editing software to expand it to the proper dimensions. I sent it to them and they printed it on Dyneema.