Environmental Protection Agency award

In case you're the kind of scouter who doesn't want their scouts to find out on their own about any awards, be sure to add this to your meetings' agenda ...

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2021/01/19/scouts-can-help-protect-the-environment-by-earning-the-new-environmental-protection-agency-award/

Seriously, it looks like one for this year only, and it requires earning a constellation of MB's that would appeal to many scouts.

Edited by qwazse
  • Thanks 2

That would be a challenge, especially this year. Kudos to anyone that gets it.

I liked that outdoor activity group. Earn all those and you should get a different patch. How about calling it the Outing Award? Or the 3/4 of scouting award. Well, not sure of gardening MB, but the rest are a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, MattR said:

That would be a challenge, especially this year. Kudos to anyone that gets it.

I liked that outdoor activity group. Earn all those and you should get a different patch. How about calling it the Outing Award? Or the 3/4 of scouting award. Well, not sure of gardening MB, but the rest are a lot of fun.

@MattR, most scouts probably have already earned one in each of the "outdoor" categories in summer camp. The Public Health MB is probably the toughest to earn right now. The best counselors for it are currently swamped. My pandemic guy is busy figuring out where to send each shipment of vaccine. On the other hand, Son #2 is building and testing a wastewater prototype for communities, and his company is small enough that I bet we could arrange a walk-through, then go camping someplace nearby.

If the PLC okay's it, we can find the people to make this interesting. It's just a matter of getting them their shots.

• 2 weeks later...

One of our committee members forwarded this to our group today, and I've forwarded it to our scouts.  There is something I found odd, though.  It's the EPA - the Environmental Protection Agency - yet as I scrolled through the list of MBs I kept expecting to see Environmental Science or Sustainability in there.  To me, that makes more sense than Public Health, even as I can see why we would want scouts to be taking that particular MB right now.