Blue & Gold during Covid restrictions

So what is everyone doing for a blue & gold dinner this year? We are looking for ideas. 

Here in NJ we are restricted to only 10ppl inside. Last year we had around 90ppl attend. We usually hold it the last weekend in Feb. We are thinking of delaying it until warm weather so we can meet outside or doing something virtually over Zoom.

What are you doing?

My gut (and I think this is in the spirit of most regulations): if you've kept the pack running, you'll want to wait until you can share B&G with parents and grandparents, etc ... Sure, you could do something online, but folks are hankering for a celebration to look forward to.

Postpone until everyone in your circles has had the vaccine. (Mrs. Q and I got round one yesterday. She's a little bit more sore than me -- but more sore that she had to wait this long. I'm only sore that my facility only doled out a sticker the size of my fingernail.) A June B&G picnic would be nice. If the AoL's have crossed over, it's all good. Invite them back.

P.S. - If you all can afford it, book a caterer and maybe a local band or act.

• Upvote 1

We did ours much later than normal last year. I assume we will do the same. By doing it late, we were able to have it outside (we are in Wisconsin). We got premade subs from Subway. We had it at a place that had a bunch of spread out picnic tables for families and then moved to the fire bowl area. Families brought their own chairs so they could distance. We had very good mask compliance. We did the cross over at that time, but the Scouts had actually been with the troop for a month or 2. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, ours is this weekend.  High supposed to be 53 and 60% chance of rain.  Cubmaster had a hard landing on Friday during a parachute jump and may be in the hospital.  So now, I'm in charge.  Awesome.  Any ideas for games to keep 8 Cub Scouts entertained in a picnic shelter?  

The day went much better than expected.  Weather was perfect.  We kept it very informal.  Grilled up hotdogs and brats.  People ate and the Scouts played in the woods and around the shelter.  The biggest success was the networking of the parents.  Hopefully we'll get more involved, since several are due to move this summer.  Such is life in a Pack closely associated with the military.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2021 at 9:37 PM, Armymutt said:

Well, ours is this weekend.  High supposed to be 53 and 60% chance of rain.  Cubmaster had a hard landing on Friday during a parachute jump and may be in the hospital.  So now, I'm in charge.  Awesome.  Any ideas for games to keep 8 Cub Scouts entertained in a picnic shelter?  

Hula hoops, marbles, and marble shooting games. Can keep them distanced and the marbles controlled with the hula hoops. 

On 2/21/2021 at 9:37 PM, Armymutt said:

Paper airplane competitions