COVID-era Cub Scout Service Project Ideas

I want to do a service project with my Webelos and preferrably do something that would benefit people/community in a way that addresses some covid-related problem. I'm racking my brain and not coming up with much.

Anyone have any suggestions or have you done any covid-related projects with your Cub Scouts?

Our scout troop is trying to do a toy collection to feed into the Marines Toys For Tots.  The thought was that because of the economic fallout of COVID there may be lots o kids not getting much of a holiday this year, and that was something the Scouts really related to.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I are looking for some normalcy from Covid and were excited to watch some of our favorite shows. Only to find ourselves changing the channel because the shows are focusing on Covid. I think a pleasant distraction from the stress of today's situation would be very welcome.

Barry

1 hour ago, Eagledad said:

My wife and I are looking for some normalcy from Covid and were excited to watch some of our favorite shows. Only to find ourselves changing the channel because the shows are focusing on Covid. I think a pleasant distraction from the stress of today's situation would be very welcome.

Barry

I get that. We all need the mental break.

My reason for wanting to do something covid-related, though, is that I believe this will end at some point (if the science keeps showing encouraging results), and when my scouts look back on all of this I'd like them to remember that they did something to help.