Committee overriding PLC plans

Hi All

>> it puts the SPL in an incredibly awkward situation. Now we have a young man placed before a committee of his elders, trying to defend his prerogative to run the troop his way, without being disrespectful (Now the parents whose children lost the SPL elections are beginning to question him more...)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there's a point there. My first SM's wife was the CC, which was bad, and she basically controlled things in the troop. Since they were asked to leave by the sponsor church, there's been a rule about the SM and the Chair being in the same family. The second SM was a phenomenal SM in a lot of ways. But he did not have a boy in the troop (he was a little older) and did not want ay trouble with any of these agressive parent types. I am sure if the SM can control the committee, and enforce the idea amongst the parents that they cannot, in this case, tell their kids what to do, there will be no problems like the ones I've encountered.

I still think its a better idea to leave the SPL out of the Committee meetings.

Barry, thanks for the wellwishing. If I do return home sometime next year, I may try an ASM position. If so, I do hope to strengthen the boy run method there.

I'm starting a new related topic. Please all, feel free to contribute.