Camping Activity Ideas In the Time of Covid

What are some activity ideas your troops like to do while camping and make sense during Covid?

We'll be car camping soon at a place where we can drop some stuff off, but have to park a mile away. We won't be bringing our trailer, so we need to keep things relatively compact.

Manhunt and capture the flag are 2 they like. We'll do some hiking, but I want to give some new ideas to the PLC for them to consider.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Navybone said:

most of our focus is on how to work on cooking.  With the advancement and Cooking MBs requirements, have not totally broken the code on group cooking. 

I'm thinking a scout can cook a meal but not have other scouts eat it. We were talking about this for some requirements tonight.

• Upvote 1

You are on the tail end of fall migration. Have each scout bring bins and look for Bald Eagles. They migrate into November. Lot of hawks still overhead too. Depending on where you are a lot of water birds are also showing up to overwinter. I've just started seeing wood ducks, common mergansers, black ducks, bufflehead, etc. If you are camping near a water source, might see something interesting. 

Bins can be used again at night to check out whatever is up there. There are apps and sites that can tell you what you can look for depending on what nights you are out. Watching the ISS  go by overhead is always fun to see whether you are 6 or 60. 

• Upvote 1