President Trump tests positive

I routinely pray for those in authority ... so they don’t get much extra on this account. ... unless the Almighty does some kind of triple word score with prayers for those with disease and affliction.

I do hope their symptoms continue to be mild - and that everyone else attending the last debate continues to test negative. On the other hand, there is something to be said for getting it over with and not having to worry about this particular virus for at least a little while.

I too hope that the President and the First Lady, as well as the two Senators and others who work in and around the President who have tested positive, only experience a mild version of COVID and recover soon.  The country needs them to recover.

It would be easy to take a potshot at the President in this era of partisan politics.  But politics aside, we have to remember that the the President has significant responsibilities to the defense of this nation and its well being, and we need a healthy Leader.   It makes me think of the line in the Scout Oath, “to do my duty to God and my Country.”   Maybe this will be reduce the bitterness of politics today and the focus can be on all our leaders duties to Return to working together to protect our citizens and focus on implementing the safety protocols to reduce the spread of COVID.  If a person as protected as the President can get it, we all can.  

wash your hands, avoid large groups, maximize meetings outside rather than indoors, social distance, wear a mask, keep yourself physically strong so you can do your duty.   

• Upvote 1