Eagle knot or NESA knot?

I'm putting my uniform together as I return to Scouting.  I'm a lifetime member of NESA.  The guy at the Scout shop mentioned there is a NESA knot, which seems odd to me.  What's the thoughts on it?  To me, the Eagle knot was earned, while the NESA knot was paid for.  

The same thing is with the James West Fellowship knot. It is up to you if you wear the lifetime NESA version of the knot or not. My family only got me the 5 year membership (?) when I earned my eagle. When I just recently got back into scouts after almost 25 years I had to buy the knots. I said, well, I only want to sew on one eagle knot. What if I become a lifetime member later? So, I paid the $250 and got the NESA version. I wasn't going to take one off and put another on later. I wear it. 

To me it shows either your own, or whom ever paid for your lifetime membership, monetary commitment to Scouting. The same as the James West knot.  

I don't think it says anything negative if you wear the NESA knot.  You still earned your Eagle - so you still has to earn the award.  All the NESA knot really says is that you are an Eagle who has decided to become a lifetime member of the NESA.  There is no harm in that at all.