1 state with 2 councils and vast differences

25 minutes ago, qwazse said:

If a governor limited youth camping to "groups of no greater than 10 close friends from the same neighborhood, adult supervision and other groups no closer than 100 yards," how many council/units would comply?

Given the potential legal liability? I would hope every single one.

Given the obligation each unit and council has to comply with the law? I would hope every single one.

EDIT: Note that national's policy on this is that this is taken directly from the Guide to Safe Scouting: units and council may camp "absent any legal constraints."

A governor's (lawful, not overturned by the courts) limitation like the one above? That's a legal constraint.

Edited by CynicalScouter
6 hours ago, qwazse said:

If a governor limited youth camping to "groups of no greater than 10 close friends from the same neighborhood, adult supervision and other groups no closer than 100 yards," how many council/units would comply?

It would depend on why the governor limited it.  If it was an arbitrary "hey, I think patrol based Scouting is the way to go", then yes, I think most everyone would summarily ignore that.  If it was based on COVID, then I think everyone would comply.  Like anything, it's a factor of why.

Has anyone else ever read the national insurance and the local supplemental? It sucks. I would have to look it up again, but if I recall it was something like 10,000/50,000. $10,000 per person, $50,000 per incident. I’m on my phone, so such super sleuthing is harder, but I was shocked at how crummy this insurance was. 

Update
Council rider - $7500 per covered condition, $15000 per incident, Death benefit $10,000. 

Does anyone buy the supplemental unit insurance? Why would I buy that if national covers us?

https://www.hsri.com/camping-insurance.jsp

Update 2: National’s $1,000,000 per person. 2020-BSA-Certificate-of-Liability-Insura

Edited by mrjohns2