Committee Chair incapacitated need Signature(s)

Hopefully a quick question... recently our Committee Chair has become incapacitated and cannot sign for any troop paperwork including two Eagle Applications. I looked all over and can’t find anything in the policies regarding this contingency. We are not looking to replace this long time scouter but we need these signatures and hopefully our CC to come back ASAP and healthy. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, sw1928 said:

Hopefully a quick question... recently our Committee Chair has become incapacitated and cannot sign for any troop paperwork including two Eagle Applications. I looked all over and can’t find anything in the policies regarding this contingency. We are not looking to replace this long time scouter but we need these signatures and hopefully our CC to come back ASAP and healthy. Thoughts?

Going from Memory here, COR can sign off in CC's place. They can do that since A) they appoint the CC and B) they represent the owners of the troop.  Also they have a vote ont he district and council committees.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, sw1928 said:

The Charter Organization Rep can be the Committee Chair either permanently or interim. Have the COR named interim CC and get the signatures done.

Have the troop advancement chair (assuming he/she is a committee member) sign for the CC. 

1. In the 20 Eagle's during my tenure as CC no-one ever checked a signature. 

2. A member of the committee being delegated the authority to sign on behalf of the CC is pretty reasonable.  Our advancement chair knew the status much better than I ever did as CC.

3. Even if there ever is a dispute, the BSA will come down on the side of accepting the signature simply because "no scout should be punished for the mistake of an adult"

Since the COR is also the CC, then I'd have another committee member sign in place of the CC (their own name, not the CC name) and have the IH sign in place of the CC.  If the fill-in committee member is the parent of one of the Eagle applicants, I'd have another committee member sign that application (not a requirement, but that's what I'd do). I hope the CC recovers soon.

18 hours ago, sw1928 said:

Yep that "he" is me and this is what we are probably going to do.  

Sounds like a winning plan.

As a CC, I asked the advancement chair to sign all advancement docs which required a CC signature.  The BSA structure has to accommodate everything from little units with 5 scouts all the way to troops of 100+.  As CC, I had absolutely no idea what individual scouts were doing with advancement nor did I have the technical knowledge of the advancement chair.  Never in 5 years did we have any issue with it.