From CDC: SARS-CoV-2 Transmission and Infection Among Attendees of an Overnight Camp — Georgia, June 2020

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6931e1.htm

This will pretty much put an end to any concept of any camping this fall...

-Overnight camp in Georgia June 17–20 (4H? YMCA? Scouting? Not specified)

-At least 260 campers & staff infected

-51% of positives 6-10yo

-44% 11-17 yo

-Camp required a test <12 days before arriving & attempted "pods"

-Masks required for staff but NOT campers

-Out of 597 campers & staff, 344 were tested and 76% of those tests were positive

-26% positives report no symptoms

-Bottom line

This investigation adds to the body of evidence demonstrating that children of all ages are susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 infection and, contrary to early reports might play an important role in transmission.

IMHO, infection rate is not about age, race, or income, rather exposure, susceptibility, and protective measures.

"Relatively large cohorts sleeping in the same cabin and engaging in regular singing and cheering likely contributed to transmission (9). Use of cloth masks, which has been shown to reduce the risk for infection (10), was not universal. An ongoing investigation will further characterize specific exposures associated with infection, illness course, and any secondary transmission to household members. Physical distancing and consistent and correct use of cloth masks should be emphasized as important strategies for mitigating transmission in congregate settings."

My $0.01

Edited by RememberSchiff

A local report seemed to indicate it was a YMCA camp but I don't think that's going to matter much as most of the state regs I've seen talk about day camps vs. sleepover camps They don't put much of a fine point on any of it beyond that. 

The parts that give me pause are the asymptomatic infection rate and the age ranges. This is some useful data because one of problems with youth infection rates is that relatively few in these age ranges have been tested vs. adults.