Covid-era Pack Meeting Ideas

Many parts of the country are going through difficult times and we just don't know the safest way to gather anymore. Here in New Jersey I don't believe I should be planning indoor pack meetings for the foreseeable future.

We have 40 scouts plus siblings and parents so we cannot feasibly gather inside. Our dens can meet more easily but as Cubmaster I need some help.

What outdoor activities would you all plan for a large pack for both autumn and cooler/cold weather months? (I know there are tons of ideas in the forum but I wanted to kick this back up to the top given our current situation.)

Edited by Scouter_Chris

Our Chartered Org Doesn’t want us meeting in the church building this fall and we got official word the elementary schools will not be allowing use after hours because they are using that time to sanitize for the next day.   Still waiting to see if the public libraries will allow us to use their community rooms for den meetings. Our CO said to follow their child safety rules and combine with BSA YPT - so please,  no in home den meetings. 

We are looking at moving to a hike of the month model for the fall and early winter pack meetings. BYOS (bring your own snack).

Good thing is it forces them outside. 
Bad thing is not sure if all will make it to the meetings. And we’re back to giving baggies of awards at the end so they don’t lose on the hike.   And then there is bad weather rescheduling and sports conflicts 🤦‍♀️.  Ugh