Clarification on status of 18-21 year old Arrowmen

From the official FB page:

You may have questions about the upcoming changes to adult program participants (those over 18) recently announced by the BSA, and how they impact the Order of the Arrow. National Chair of the BSA Dan Ownby recently addressed these changes, and what they mean (and don’t mean!) for youth Arrowmen between the ages of 18 and 21:

When Arrowmen turn 18, they will be considered an adult, and for youth safety, anyone 18 years old or older will need to register as an adult.

However, young adults between the ages of 18 and 21 will still have voting rights, and can still hold an office within the Order of the Arrow until they turn 21. That has not changed, and there is no plan to change that policy.

107356903_10157179635976776_2107672796734014012_o.png

Edited by CynicalScouter

I think the missing word is in the letter is "CURRENTLY."

Over the past 35+ years in Scouting, i have seen so many changes, including changes that we were previously told would never happen, that I have no faith in anything coming out of National. To make matters worse, i would believe the national volunteers because there is a history of them being lied to by national's pros. The Philmont committee is the most recent example.  The letter that came out recommending Sea Scouts become part of Exploring again took the National Commodore completely by surprise.

So just because OA says no changes will happen, does not make it so.