Scouting Forward: A Plan to Lead Announced

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part doesn't make any sense to me.  Why would we need a separate membership category?  Advancement is voluntary.  If a scout doesn't want to advance, he doesn't have to.  He doesn't need a specia

While @John-in-KC is likely right that this document is some internal document, this thread also contains the monthly how-to-fix-scouting comments. I'm not trying to berate anyone as it is nice to see

THey are missing "stakeholders" and "mission, vision and guiding principles"...

Posted Images

On 7/9/2020 at 6:19 PM, CynicalScouter said:

image.thumb.png.77e41ecf8b483427867539f0a542cbc1.png

Worth noting: according to the original time table the NEC was suppose to approve action steps in August and the plan executed starting then.

Has anyone, ever, heard a single word yet about a) what the NEC approved action steps are and b) what the time table is?

Or are we just going to have more things hidden until the next staffer/volunteer has to leak?

When you are standing in water up to your hips in the middle of the swamp, surrounded by alligators and venomous snakes; it is easy to forget that your objective was to drain the swamp.

I suspect that we are going to see a lot of plans and initiatives tabled as the national organization and councils are forced to move into a survival mode. 

1 hour ago, gpurlee said:

When you are standing in water up to your hips in the middle of the swamp, surrounded by alligators and venomous snakes; it is easy to forget that your objective was to drain the swamp.

Draining the swamp has never been an objective at BSA.  They are the swamp creatures.  They don't want their swamp drained.

• Upvote 1