I am curious if anyone has done Seabadge as a other than a Sea Scouter. I am a district chair in a council we are starting Sea Scouting, with a large sea and the Council Commodore both in my district, so am going through in a support role, and for my own edification and training. I did woodbadge last year and finished my tickets recently. So I'm curious about the kinds of things that others have done for Seabadge from a similar role, or from 'outside' the Sea Scout program. Thanks in advance. 

Well, I've since answered my own question - I was expecting it to be as detailed and demanding as Woodbadge, but it is much better crafted and simpler to navigate, provided within the program itself. So, that's done. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Navchop said:

I would like to know if there is going to be a version of the Unit Commissioner patch for a Sea Scout uniform.  This would allow UCs to wear the appropriate uniform, which serves to promote Sea Scouting.

Welcome aboard.   I would see no problem with the Offishul Commish round patch.   What is the concern ?  Too "red" ? 

• Upvote 1

I strictly follow BSA uniform regulations (which makes me unique among adult Scouters).  I think I need to ask National if wearing the UC patch on the SS uniform is allowed (I could always have one custom made, but that's illegal ...)

• 1 month later...