How to Find Which Merit Badges I'm a Counselor For

We only recently switched to Scoutbook, and I can only assume it was designed by sadists.  It is the most unintuitive pile o' poop I've used in a long time.  And yes, I tempered that to be more scoutlike. My actual thoughts are much harsher.

Where can I go to get a list of the merit badges BSA currently says I'm a counselor for? I've poked around my.scouting.org and scoutbook, and I can't find anything.

Supposedly, I can find counselors in my area on Scoutbook, too, but that's a mystery as well.  I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The council advancement committee is responsible for maintaining the council's merit badge list.  Start with them.  Perhaps you have a district representative?

Another option: Scoutmasters are supposed to have access to the list.  Ask a Scoutmaster.  They could tell you which ones you are approved to counsel.

5 minutes ago, NealOnWheels said:

The council advancement committee is responsible for maintaining the council's merit badge list.  Start with them.  Perhaps you have a district representative?

Another option: Scoutmasters are supposed to have access to the list.  Ask a Scoutmaster.  They could tell you which ones you are approved to counsel.

Miracle Max: Beat it or I'll call the brute squad!

Fezzik: I'm on the brute squad.

Miracle Max: You ARE the brute squad.

I am the Scoutmaster. I'll check with our CC. She knows everything.

• Haha 1

Scoutbook should have it listed IF your council uploads the list into Scoutbook....

My Dashboard->

My Account->

My Positions->

At the bottom it should show all of your current positions and if registered as a MBC then they should all be listed out.

2 hours ago, satl8 said:

Scoutbook should have it listed IF your council uploads the list into Scoutbook....

My Dashboard->

My Account->

My Positions->

At the bottom it should show all of your current positions and if registered as a MBC then they should all be listed out.

It's My Profile, then My Positions. I'm listed as a Scoutmaster and Merit Badge Counselor, but none of my merit badges are listed. I guess they didn't add them.

14 hours ago, 69RoadRunner said:

I'm still not seeing where to find the MB Counselor list in Scoutbook.

Here's what I did just now ...

Login and click the pancake menu for quick navigation. Click on My Dashboard.

My Dashboard shows my account, and under that my unit is listed right-justified. I click on that. It shows links to my adults and youth rosters, then Troop Reports, MB Counselor List, Print Blue Cards, and an announcement from my council that they updated the MB List. I click on MB Counselor List.

It brings up a bunch of filters. At the bottom in red is "search". Click that and the list is generated.

FWIW, nobody in my troop is on that list. I guess that's one more Email request I have to follow up.:mad:

Edited by qwazse
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, qwazse said:

Here's what I did just now ...

Login and click the pancake menu for quick navigation. Click on My Dashboard.

My Dashboard shows my account, and under that my unit is listed right-justified. I click on that. It shows links to my adults and youth rosters, then Troop Reports, MB Counselor List, Print Blue Cards, and an announcement from my council that they updated the MB List. I click on MB Counselor List.

It brings up a bunch of filters. At the bottom in red is "search". Click that and the list is generated.

FWIW, nobody in my troop is on that list. I guess that's one more Email request I have to follow up.:mad:

Thank you! That is close to what I needed to do. I had to go to My Dashboard and then Administration to get the rest of the way.

Oddly, Scoutbook insists on giving me the mobile version of the site even on my laptop.

Like you, none of the counselors in my troop, including me, are in the report.

Scoutbook Problem.jpg

On 7/7/2020 at 7:34 AM, 69RoadRunner said:

Thank you! That is close to what I needed to do. I had to go to My Dashboard and then Administration to get the rest of the way.

Oddly, Scoutbook insists on giving me the mobile version of the site even on my laptop.

Like you, none of the counselors in my troop, including me, are in the report.

This means that your council has not uploaded its merit badge counselor list to Scoutbook, so you will need to contact your council and ask them which merit badges you are approved to counsel.