Troop Returned From Summit

Some people were critical on social media and some state officials visited the camp.  I have to wonder how many of them were critical of protests and parades that had zero screening, zero social distancing and while many wore masks, that was not enforced.

https://www.wvnstv.com/top-stories/state-leaders-address-covid-19-concerns-at-summit-bechtel-reserve/

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, 69RoadRunner said:

Some people were critical on social media and some state officials visited the camp.  I have to wonder how many of them were critical of protests and parades that had zero screening, zero social distancing and while many wore masks, that was not enforced.

https://www.wvnstv.com/top-stories/state-leaders-address-covid-19-concerns-at-summit-bechtel-reserve/

I hope that was old video - no masks or social distancing and a high risk old fart walking around! If not, a pox upon us.

The BSA should insist covid scout stories use new video showing what safety measures being taken. IMHO, all news video should be time and location stamped.

Perhaps a story comparing safety and fun of maskless people packed in at the beach vs masked scouts at camp. A scout is obedient, follows the safety rules.

My $0.02,

1 hour ago, RememberSchiff said:

I hope that was old video - no masks or social distancing and a high risk old fart walking around! If not, a pox upon us.

The BSA should insist covid scout stories use new video showing what safety measures being taken. IMHO, all news video should be time and location stamped.

Perhaps a story comparing safety and fun of maskless people packed in at the beach vs masked scouts at camp. A scout is obedient, follows the safety rules.

My $0.02,

It says File at the beginning, so I assume it's file footage.  

Scouts are supposed to be obedient. But we know reality is that there will never be a case where 10-17 year olds are perfectly obedient all the time. However, I'd bet the scouts did a much, much better job than at any massive protest or recent parade.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, 69RoadRunner said:

It says File at the beginning, so I assume it's file footage.  

Scouts are supposed to be obedient. But we know reality is that there will never be a case where 10-17 year olds are perfectly obedient all the time. However, I'd bet the scouts did a much, much better job than at any massive protest or recent parade.

Be Prepared.

Good report

Now if BSA can get 6,000,000 more Scouts to attend and they can make a net profit of $125 per Scout they can break even on the 3/4 of Billion Dollar Investment made

16 hours ago, Jameson76 said:

Good report

Now if BSA can get 6,000,000 more Scouts to attend and they can make a net profit of $125 per Scout they can break even on the 3/4 of Billion Dollar Investment made

Assuming the scouts didn't get sick the more important idea is that a bunch of scouts had fun. If they could do this at summit they could do this at any camp. I hope the good news holds.

• Upvote 1